Flow 8 with AUM. A Powerful Combination!

The new Flow8 digital console
soundog

Flow 8 with AUM. A Powerful Combination!

Post by soundog »

I've been the AUM iPad software app to add additional capabilities to the Flow 8 mixer for live performance, and the combo is impressive. AUM is an audio mixer that can route digital inputs/outputs and MIDI inputs/outputs, as well as use plug-ins (auv3) for processing the audio and/or MIDI. When using the Flow 8, AUM can process all 8 inputs individually (including 5, 6, 7, and 8 as mono or stereo). There are many plug-ins for reverbs, delays, harmonizers, and other effects. And, you can use a MIDI controller to control the plug-ins, Flow 8 channel levels, mutes, pans, etc. Oh, it can also be used as a multi-channel recorder (acting like a DAW). Controller setup is easy thanks to MIDI Learn. Routing is very flexible, and includes virtual busses.

Flow 8 digital audio (for each channel, plus L/R main mix) ---> AUM ---> audio plug-ins ---> faders, sends, returns, pans, mutes, etc. ---> audio back to Flow 8.

In my current setup, I'm processing channels 5, 6, 7, and 8 as separate mono channels (I still use the physical mixer faders for channels 1-4). I'm also using external reverb and delay plug-ins (I like the selection, and have more MIDI control in real-time over their parameters). And, I'm using some virtual instruments and sending their output to the Flow 8 (USB in).
danuco

Re: Flow 8 with AUM. A Powerful Combination!

Post by danuco »

I agree. I have already used 4 channel audio interface with ipad aum in live situation. And now with Flow8 it is better, since i can handle some tracks onboard, and let just some other to AUM. I like to use a specific chorus auv3 with acoustic guitar, that i think sounds much better than onboard chorus. Also recording a live band is great in separated channel for later mixing.
mauroantunes

Post by mauroantunes »

danuco wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:59 am I agree. I have already used 4 channel audio interface with ipad aum in live situation. And now with Flow8 it is better, since i can handle some tracks onboard, and let just some other to AUM. I like to use a specific chorus auv3 with acoustic guitar, that i think sounds much better than onboard chorus. Also recording a live band is great in separated channel for later mixing.
Hi danuco,Could you please give us some help on how to connect Flow8 to Aum app?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Mauro
nickxmix

Post by nickxmix »

Yes I would also like use this app on my ipad to control the Flow8 remotely. Is this possible and I need a tutorial if possible on how to use and do that.
Thank you please Soundog
alcap

Post by alcap »

A video explaining how to use them together would be very welcome
nickxmix

Post by nickxmix »

hey soundog, are you still around. We haven't heard back on connecting AUM to Flow8 using iPad. Please give us some help. I would like to mix from the iPad and control ch 5,6,7,8 separately. Can this be done with bluetooth using AUM on iPad.
nickxmix

Post by nickxmix »

Call out to Danuco, Muaroantunes and soundog, are you still around. We haven't heard back on connecting AUM to Flow8 using iPad. Please give us some help. I would like to mix from the iPad and control ch 5,6,7,8 separately. Can this be done with bluetooth using AUM on iPad.
danuco

Post by danuco »

Sorry for the delay guys! Long time I dont come here in forum. Just connect the USB cable to Ipad. You need a USB to ligthning adapter (and thats the worst case, because if you dont use original adapter form Apple, it is not reliable). The AUM will see all flow8 channels as input. So you can select the input in AUM as you normally do with any multichanel interface. And also there are some options of output, that i dont remember very well. Long time I dont use it, and me adapter is not original, so not working normally now.

Return to “Flow8”