Installing a Dante card to the Wing internal slot.

Everything to do with the Dante Audio Networking aspect of the digital eco-system
GaryH

Re: Installing a Dante card to the Wing internal slot.

Post by GaryH »

@MJKlein True and all those files I downloaded there are for the Brooklyn II card.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

GaryH wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 pm @MJKlein True and all those files I downloaded there are for the Brooklyn II card.
People say to never gamble with money you need. Logic would say that you could recover from an accidental firmware upgrade, but even so I'm going to have to consider this carefully. Thanks for the information Gary.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
Every possible way to contact me: https://MySlink.app/mjklein
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

So I have been away for awhile and actually working with a Wing on location using analog to the other systems.....
So finally had time to try out a Dante card that I installed internally, it was not a Wing card, just a BrooklynII 64x64 and it had issues on the Dante Outputs, while the Dante Inputs were functioning correctly it was functional unusable because of the outputs. Sad Face!!!!

Finally took the chance and flashed the Wing64 internal firmware on to the NON Wing Dante Card in the internal slot on the Wing, really had nothing to loose and I now have a fully functional Dante Internal card with Wing64 firmware.
Like @pmaillot above with the only difference being NOT a BrooklynII Card from a WingDante external as his is. However the outcome was and is the same.

I also think "assume" that @MJKlein and @GaryH are more than likely correct the X32Dante card can be programmed with Wing64 firmware and work in the Wing. I also would think that it would NOT give you more Dante Channels in the X/M32 as the firmware for routing "probably" is not setup to allow more than 32 Dante channels, as well as how it would interface with the XDante Card it's self.

Turns out I have a 8x8 card that came out of another device and not in use, I am, when time permits, going to flash it with Wing64 and see if it becomes a working solution.

I have to take the same poaition as @GaryH has mentioned more than once, anything you do to your Wing console and Dante cards are taken at your own risk, non of us can guarantee that your results will be the same. However it sure looks good! I personally had nothing to loose by flashing a Dante Card that was not fully functional anyway. opening the Wing, if not done with the utmost care can damage knobs etc.
C
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Great news. @curtbl This is yet another big step forward! My system is working fine at the moment so I am reluctant to rock the boat. The old 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' routine. :-) When the Wing-Dante arrives (should be within a week or 2) I most definitely will try the Wing internal file on it first and then on my current internal non Behringer 64 ch card.
thunfisch

Post by thunfisch »

GaryH wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:52 am @thunfisch So glad you got it sorted! All the 3 steps you listed are exactly correct. That’s 2 successful flashes that I know of. One question, did you flash it while in the internal slot or in the expansion card frame? I assume internal but I’m curious.
I flashed mine while it was installed in the internal slot.
wing+dante, xr18, midas dl16+dl32
systems engineer by day, live sound, streaming & video by night
nrw, germany
thunfisch

Post by thunfisch »

curtbl wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:20 am Turns out I have a 8x8 card that came out of another device and not in use, I am, when time permits, going to flash it with Wing64 and see if it becomes a working solution.
I would be very interested in the result. I assume Audinate is not stupid and put in some form of hardware lockout on the channel count that is not being overwritten with another firmware, the different channel count versions have significant price differences after all.
wing+dante, xr18, midas dl16+dl32
systems engineer by day, live sound, streaming & video by night
nrw, germany
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@thunfisch Thanks for that. So it doesn’t matter where it’s flashed from. You did internal, Patrick did it from external, both successfully! All great news.
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

thunfisch wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm
curtbl wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:20 am Turns out I have a 8x8 card that came out of another device and not in use, I am, when time permits, going to flash it with Wing64 and see if it becomes a working solution.
I would be very interested in the result. I assume Audinate is not stupid and put in some form of hardware lockout on the channel count that is not being overwritten with another firmware, the different channel count versions have significant price differences after all.
You maybe completely correct..... however Audinate sells Brooklyn II cards so it will be interesting to see what happens, usually up manufacture to determine the configuration. Guess we will see!
Curt
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

curtbl wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:20 am [...]
Finally took the chance and flashed the Wing64 internal firmware on to the NON Wing Dante Card in the internal slot on the Wing, really had nothing to loose and I now have a fully functional Dante Internal card with Wing64 firmware.
Like @pmaillot above with the only difference being NOT a BrooklynII Card from a WingDante external as his is. However the outcome was and is the same.
[...]
Super news!!! This is great!
-P
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

pmaillot wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:22 am
curtbl wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:20 am [...]
[...]
Super news!!! This is great!
-P
Here is a pic of the Details on the newly flashed card.
C

Return to “Dante Audio Networking”