Behringer S16 and Klark Teknik 9630

pmaillot

Re: Behringer S16 and Klark Teknik 9650

Post by pmaillot »

pvannatto wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:06 pm That question was asked on the official forum and one of the tribers responded saying that the ethernet port is actually disabled. Evidently it had the same demise as the USB port on the back of the original X32 console. A great idea that got abandoned.
Arrrgh... :(
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@streamfuchs You are probably aware that with the newest S16 firmware there are 2 extra modes included. In case not, I attached the chart below. In conjunction with the DN9630 and in Daisy Chain Master modes, You should be able to work without a console. Anyway fwiw:
EDIT: Sorry I now see Paul was discussing this already :-)

pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@GaryH , good idea to attach the chart.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
streamfuchs

Post by streamfuchs »

GaryH wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 pm @streamfuchs You are probably aware that with the newest S16 firmware there are 2 extra modes included. In case not, I attached the chart below. In conjunction with the DN9630 and in Daisy Chain Master modes, You should be able to work without a console. Anyway fwiw:
EDIT: Sorry I now see Paul was discussing this already :-)

Thanks to Paul and to GaryH.
With Pauls explanation and GaryHs chart it now becomes clear to me.
I have to think about my decission, but at that moment I am very close to buy a DN9630.
Thanks all for that discussion.
Very helpfull.
And thanks to Patrick, who told me about that forum.
After the old very helpfull Behringer forum changed (and became absolutely useless to me) it is good to know there is a new "home" for this community.

Best regards
Thomas
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@streamfuchs Glad you joined! Let us know how it unfolds! And good luck!
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

streamfuchs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm After the old very helpfull Behringer forum changed (and became absolutely useless to me)
It was that mutual feeling that gave us the incentive to start this forum. Welcome aboard Thomas and please pass the good news around that this forum is alive and well.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

M32Core? Same single rack space as a 9650 and a lot of flexibility.
streamfuchs

Post by streamfuchs »

pvannatto wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:13 pm Hi @streamfuchs , I would suggest using a DN9630 instead of the DN9650. Regarding your question about remote control of the preamps (gain and phantom), I know that with the DN9630, the gain and phantom has to be adjusted on the S16 and I would assume it is the same with the DN9650.
Hi everyone,

after some days of thinking about it, I decided to buy a DN 9630. Unfortunatley it is not availabe here in Germany at the moment, so I have to be a little bit patient.
Preparing for my idea, doing recordings without a console with a DN 9630 and one or two S16 (doing the HA and phantom power directly at the S16) I am looking for a solution for monitoring the recording during production.
Because there is no console,my idea is, to do a rough mix within my DAW and monitor my DAW. For monitoring I have got a USB DA-device (IFI ZEN DAC V2)
And here I have got a problems. My DAW only allows me to use one ASIO driver at a time for REC and PB and I want to keep my DAW.
So when working with my console I use the XUF_USB_Drv_V6_13_0. I asume, when using the DN 9630 there will be a similar ASIO driver.
Am I correct so far?

Now I am looking for a solution to "connect" my Behringer ASIO-driver to the USB driver for my monitoring.
Again: I can only define one driver within my DAW, same for REC and PB.

What I found out is that e.g. I can use VMIX (not very elegant) to define an audio input (audio coming from my console via card out) and route it to my monitoring device.
But when using an DN9630 I cannot route the mix of my DAW back into the ASIO driver via card out.
All solutions I found seems to offer only a solution for "bridging" output and input of software apps.

Perhaps the solution is easy and I only do not see it.

Any good idea would help, because otherwise I have got not idea how to monitor a DN 9630.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@streamfuchs There is a usb driver for the unit. I don’t see why you would need anything more but that to monitor from your DAW. I would assume it would have the ability to choose individual ins and outs that line up with the ch counts provided by the device.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @streamfuchs , why not switch your OS from Windows to linux? Since linux (like the Mac) is core compliant, no drivers are required. And you can work with more than one audio interface at the same time. I just connected USB from my Wing and X32 Rack to my linux laptop and used Reaper to test and it does work.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “Stageboxes”