Wing internal Dante Card install.

Everything to do with the Dante Audio Networking aspect of the digital eco-system
pmaillot

Re: Wing internal Dante Card install.

Post by pmaillot »

Roblof wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:02 pm [...]
So moving the wing-dante brooklyn card to the internal slot does not only seem to work - It is working, but the 3rd mode will lead to one non-functional ethernet port on the wing when activated.
[...]
I read that installing/updating WING FW *also* updates the FW of all internal add-on cards... So I would expect the WING Dante module would receive the necessary update for that 3rd option. Or maybe I missed somthing.

-Patrick
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

pmaillot wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:20 am
So moving the wing-dante brooklyn card to the internal slot does not only seem to work - It is working, but the 3rd mode will lead to one non-functional ethernet port on the wing when activated.
[...]
I read that installing/updating WING FW *also* updates the FW of all internal add-on cards... So I would expect the WING Dante module would receive the necessary update for that 3rd option. Or maybe I missed somthing.
On my X32, the Dante card has it's own firmware that can only be updated by a specific app that talks directly with the card. If the WING can do that, it's a great feature.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@pmaillot @MJKlein I'm pretty sure (because of the updater part of the latest Dante Controller program) that the firmware files would be seperate things. Mixer firmware and card firmware. Like with X-Dante. When connected to my Dante network I could see and at least download 2 different Wing related Dante files. It appears that maybe the end user can choose on the firmware updater, which one to update to. I would suspect however there will be a Wing mixer firmware update that will allow both those options to be recognized and implemented when the time comes. Just guessing though. I have a non MG card in mine and can't use either of the official firmware version files or I would try them. When my Wing-Dante card comes I will try to put it in the internal slot and see what will then be available. Someone will, I'm sure, do just that soon enough (wink wink Patrick)...If I'm lucky, I will see the Wing-Dante expansion card by July in the USA. One big reason I also bought the non MG card for my Wing. I am hoping the firmware of this card will also be updated at some point. I also hope it will not be rendered useless by any Wing mixer firmware update. I would however NOT be surprised if it happens.
kruntz

Post by kruntz »

MJKlein wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:15 am
pmaillot wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:20 am I read that installing/updating WING FW *also* updates the FW of all internal add-on cards... So I would expect the WING Dante module would receive the necessary update for that 3rd option. Or maybe I missed somthing.
On my X32, the Dante card has it's own firmware that can only be updated by a specific app that talks directly with the card. If the WING can do that, it's a great feature.
Hmmm...
The MVR-64: https://appsys.ch/en/products/digital-f ... ter-mvr-64 has a Brooklyn II card inside.
Even though the MVR firmware is upgradable via USB, you can upgrade the Dante card (via network) with Dante Controller or Dante Firmware Update Manager only.

Cheers.
Roblof

Post by Roblof »

No, the option card main board has its own firmware and has nothing to do with the brooklyn firmware.
[...]

-Patrick
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

GaryH wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:34 pm @Roblof Thanks Robert, great info, so that third option will be added in the Wing firmware or card firmware? I noted this am in Dante updater, while looking at manufacturers firmware files, there are 2 different Wing firmware files already there which you can download, can you choose which one to use on your own card?... that would be pretty cool if so (with the Behringer Wing card). Would mean you could freely switch between internal and external if you wished.
Gary, If indeed there is a difference I hope you are correct that the card can be flashed either way!
C
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

Roblof wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:57 am No, the option card main board has its own firmware and has nothing to do with the brooklyn firmware.
[...]

-Patrick
So Rob confirms what I have experienced on Yamaha, Allen&Heath and Digico, the Dante/BrooklynII update is separate from the firmware on the daughter board and console. However it can be somewhat manufacture specific, meaning, Yamaha designs their update procedure to include updating the Dante card Firmware as part of the process of updating the console etc. where Digico you need to select update to dante separately. And yet others appear to utilize Dante Controller update feature with Manufacture updates on the Audinate site.
At the end of the day it is all FM "Flaming Magic" !! Gary maybe correct that Behringer could possibly decide to lock their systems down a bit more as Yamaha has done.. I "hope" they will leave it more open as they have with all the OSC features.
C

Return to “Dante Audio Networking”