usb output when you replace wing sd card with dante ?

Behringer WING Consoles
GaryH

Re: usb output when you replace wing sd card with dante ?

Post by GaryH »

@curtbl

"Watching the soaps! Priorities! yes Priorities!"

Used to be a running joke in a band I played in...I can't make practice because...I have to watch my soaps! Or I have Hogan's Heroes re runs to catch up on!

"So either will work, around the home front you can then take you laptop with Dante Controller on it anywhere in the house. however at gigs having a router on the second wing port just gives you more ports to have on location."

good to know and a great point!

"Networks can be a lot of fun when they work and a pain in the SOAP when they don't...."

Agree!

"BTW all this time my wife is in her office still conducting meetings from home over the same network that Internet, Dante, and Wing control are on....."

Also great, sounds like a very hip tech home!
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@curtbl

Hey, so if you are in redundant mode, will a router connected via a switch (and thus only one port of the wing being used) still work as it does in switched mode? In switched mode (as you said and I verified) you can connect via wifi or hard wire and use your remote program (like Mixing Station or Copilot) while still leaving a control port open for other options. (This is very cool btw) Just curious if redundant mode changes that. Gut feeling is it would not, I could try it but things are working so well I don’t want to jinx it :-)
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

GaryH wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:26 am @curtbl

Hey, so if you are in redundant mode, will a router connected via a switch (and thus only one port of the wing being used) still work as it does in switched mode? In switched mode (as you said and I verified) you can connect via wifi or hard wire and use your remote program (like Mixing Station or Copilot) while still leaving a control port open for other options. (This is very cool btw) Just curious if redundant mode changes that. Gut feeling is it would not, I could try it but things are working so well I don’t want to jinx it :-)
Should not be an issue, but would not bother unless you plan on running a secondary separate network. If I was running gigs probably would run both Primary and Secondary.
Curt

Return to “WING Consoles”