usb output when you replace wing sd card with dante ?

Behringer WING Consoles
Pancho

usb output when you replace wing sd card with dante ?

Post by Pancho »

Hello all and good evening from st. Louis ,mo. I was wondering if you still will be able to pick what channels come out of your USB if you replace the SD card with a Dante card on the wing? I guess the real question is does the wing SD card control anything about the USB output?
pvannatto

Re: usb output when you replace wing sd card with dante ?

Post by pvannatto »

Hi Pancho, welcome aboard. The USB out (with 48 in/48 out) is independent to the W-Live card (with dual SD cards).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

pvannatto wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:50 am Hi Pancho, welcome aboard. The USB out (with 48 in/48 out) is independent to the W-Live card (with dual SD cards).
@Pancho What Paul means above is that if you replace the W-live card with a W-Dante card, you [obviously] loose the W-Live card capabilities (i.e. no SD recording, and no USB input). That's why for several of us, internal Dante is a better solution, as in that case you really add new IO capabilities to the desk.

-P.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

pmaillot wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:29 am
pvannatto wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:50 am Hi Pancho, welcome aboard. The USB out (with 48 in/48 out) is independent to the W-Live card (with dual SD cards).
@Pancho What Paul means above is that if you replace the W-live card with a W-Dante card, you [obviously] loose the W-Live card capabilities (i.e. no SD recording, and no USB input). That's why for several of us, internal Dante is a better solution, as in that case you really add new IO capabilities to the desk.
The WING should ship with an internal Dante card included, IMO. The Brooklyn card by itself would be cheaper than the expansion card combo.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

pmaillot wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:29 am if you replace the W-live card with a W-Dante card, you [obviously] loose the W-Live card capabilities (i.e. no SD recording, and no USB input).
With the Wing, the USB port (48 in/48 out) is a separate port, not part of the W-Live card, like with the X-Live (X32) card. So adding the W-Dante card still give you the USB port available.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

pvannatto wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:49 am
pmaillot wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:29 am if you replace the W-live card with a W-Dante card, you [obviously] loose the W-Live card capabilities (i.e. no SD recording, and no USB input).
With the Wing, the USB port (48 in/48 out) is a separate port, not part of the W-Live card, like with the X-Live (X32) card. So adding the W-Dante card still give you the USB port available.
Absolutely right. Forgot about this. Thanks for correcting me.
timverhoeven

Post by timverhoeven »

To answer in WING language. The SD card (aka WING Live) inputs and outputs and the USB inputs and output and completely separate sources in your WING. So you can patch these freely to your channels, mix and match as you need.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Also for the sake of the entire picture...when you replace the "Wing-Live" SD recorder with the "Wing-Dante" card you only lose the SD recorders. You would then end up with Dante and USB as 2 separate options instead of the SD recorder and USB. I think the confusion rises from the USB port being in a separate physical area on the Wing unlike how it is part of the X-Live expansion card with an X32. To get rid of the USB option on a Wing might require a hammer, it's here to stay. To have your cake and eat it too, put Dante in the internal slot. You then lose nothing only gain Dante on top of SD and USB.
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Thank you all for that but with the dante internal card do you still have primary and secondary Ethernet connections and if you do how do you connect to your router for using a tablet to control with your two Ethernet connectors being used for dante?
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

Pancho wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:32 am Thank you all for that but with the dante internal card do you still have primary and secondary Ethernet connections and if you do how do you connect to your router for using a tablet to control with your two Ethernet connectors being used for dante?
Good Question, there are a lot of options and we have discussed on the internal Dante thread.... however to answer your question and to avoid confusion, you refer to Primary and Secondary! In Dante Primary and Secondary are completely separate network ports and can be setup that way.
However if I understand you need you want to have the ability to use the 2 ports as "a small" network switch allowing you to connect your tablet.
So if you connect your Router to one of the ports usually the left port looking from the back, the second port will also be active to connect your tablet, and IP addresses will be assigned to the Wing and to the Internal Dante Card and also to your Tablet connected to the other port.
THE BIG CATCH IS Making sure the internal dante card is configured for REDUNDANT not SWITCHED. that is the key for your setup
Make sense, I hope... Not rocket science but can be confusing... Basically Behringer put a mini switch in the Wing....
Curt

Return to “WING Consoles”