X-Dante Card into internal expansion slot

Behringer WING Consoles
mrdrennan

Re: X-Dante Card into internal expansion slot

Post by mrdrennan »

@GaryH , the linked Dante Updater won't run on Mac operating systems beyond High Sierra :oops: High Sierra is a 4 year old OS.

*EDIT*

I just read your post more carefully. :roll: Sorry!
mrdrennan

Post by mrdrennan »

@GaryH
@curtbl

More testing to come, but after flashing to the Wing 64 FW and a reboot I have instant sync, audio in, audio out, and DHCP addressing to the board!

Thanks to all who have guided me in this. If everything is behaving after a more thorough test, I will post my steps to success in this thread.
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

@mrdrennan glad to hear that you have made some progress.... Flashing, and I'm "assuming" setting the clock to Dante instead of internal.
Just curious on the 32x32 were you able to line the channels from 1 to32 or are the appearing in a different area of the routing page..... good news!!!!
Curt
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@mrdrennan Great to hear of apparent success!! FWIW my system is using Wing with internal clock and has the Wing dante card as preferred leader, and allowing external clock. Sub millisecond latency everywhere except DVS which averages a bit under 2 msec. and it all works very well. Hope your testing proves to be a solution. A lot of Wing users desiring Dante could be served well by this...except they are as hard to locate as the Wing-dante cards these days. I do see Amazon still has a few from the Behringer store.
mrdrennan

Post by mrdrennan »

@GaryH they also appear to be in stock at Sweetwater.
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

@GaryH Glad to hear that your system is operating with internal clock, it is a bit surprising that it works correctly as that is the whole idea behind the Master clock and preferred Master, but then we have a very large system, to the point that we are installing a 2600.00 master clock for all to sync to. so don't be surprised as you grow your system that you will need to have everything sync'd to the same clock.
It's all so fun.... I love the forums where people ask for the best switch and people are saying everything but the main recommendation from Audinate them selves. We had unifi and finally blew it up and replaced with Cisco and everything works as Audinate describes.
Remember the old days of the master clock in the principals office at school and all the class room clocks followed that single unit... Same concept.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@curtbl I have set it both ways, I can’t remember why I ended up doing what I did. I sort of recall getting better latency figures that way but maybe it was something else. The Wing (mixer) itself is the only thing not using “Dante” as a clock. I know it works well both ways so I will change it next time and see if I can discern any differences. I’m a big fan of doing it so it works well but have no problem changing the Wing clock to Dante if it’s the better choice. My system is growing, 2 new devices now, and I have not taken the external card out yet either so the Wing has both internal and external, x-Dante X32C, DVS and an Avio 2 in and Switchcraft 4 out. I really want a Dante stagebox but price and availability are keeping me searching.
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

@GaryH I hear you....
Hope to get a chance to test the Yamaha TIO now that my Wing is back home. Try to get that done in the next couple weeks.
C
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@curtbl WOW, now I'll stay tuned for that! I would be (as you know) very interested in this!

Return to “WING Consoles”