How to get OSC transmission OUT of the Wing?

Behringer WING Consoles
mrdrennan

How to get OSC transmission OUT of the Wing?

Post by mrdrennan »

@GaryH @pvannatto

Hello guys,

I'm trying to set up bidirectional OSC communication between TouchOSC and the Wing. If I create a connection in TouchOSC pointed to my Wing console at 192.168.2.3, I can create a fader object named "/ch/1/fdr". The port number is 2223. I move the fader on TouchOSC, the fader moves on the Wing. Great.

However, I am not getting any transmission in the opposite direction; i.e., if I move the physical fader for channel 1 on the board, I do not see the change reflected in TouchOSC. Is there something that I'm not getting?
pvannatto

Re: How to get OSC transmission OUT of the Wing?

Post by pvannatto »

@mrdrennan , if you expect to get fader changes (etc.) from the Wing, you probably have to send the /%23456/*S command every 9 seconds (times out after 10 seconds) and use port 23456 for the return - see page 26 of Patrick's Wapi.pdf document.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mrdrennan

Post by mrdrennan »

@pvannatto so that is to say that the Wing doesn't support real time bidirectional OSC? I guess I just assumed that's how an app like Mixing Station (or even Behringer's own Copilot) works. I push the fader on the board, it moves in the software; I push it in the software, it moves on the board.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@mrdrennan , yes that is correct. For those apps to automatically receive console changes, they have to send the subscription command every cycle of less than 10 seconds. This is the same thing for both X32 and X-Air consoles (subscription command is different). Patrick has extensively documented this. I believe they did this to keep the traffic down to a minimum.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

mrdrennan wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:38 am @pvannatto so that is to say that the Wing doesn't support real time bidirectional OSC? I guess I just assumed that's how an app like Mixing Station (or even Behringer's own Copilot) works. I push the fader on the board, it moves in the software; I push it in the software, it moves on the board.
Wing does support "real time" OSC, but as an application you have to tell Wing you need it, and renew your request every 10s or so.
The Wing version of Mixing Station isn't based on OSC.

-Patrick

Return to “WING Consoles”