Need Help with the Behringer PMP500

Do It Yourself projects related to sound
Louie Da Sax Guy

Need Help with the Behringer PMP500

Post by Louie Da Sax Guy »

Hello,

New to this Forums, I am seeking help with my Behringer PMP 500. Looking for guidance in repairing it or a schematic diagram for it.

1. The first problem, I had was when the monitor was switch on nothing happen. I could not hear anything coming thru the headset or monitor speakers when connected. I even switched lead wires around thinking it was the wire (nothing).

2. Then the Left channel started having an intermitted issue where the audio was cutting in and out. I checked the cable and the speaker. Both are good and work on the right channel.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Louie
pvannatto

Re: Need Help with the Behringer PMP500

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @Louie Da Sax Guy , welcome to our forum. I haven't used one of these type of mixers for some time (I use the X-Air, X32 and Wing digital consoles). But I will try and help.

When you switch the outputs from Main L/R to Main/Mon, the Output A becomes the monitor output and Output B becomes the Main output. The monitor signals originate from each of the channel sends to this monitor bus by adjusting the red knob of each channel. Also the master control of that bus is the MON SEND fader and mute. Each of these controls will determine what and how much signal are mixed and outputted out the Output A jack.

You mentioned that you could hear nothing through headphones. I see no headphone jack on that mixer. If you had plugged the headphones into the Output A jack, I would highly recommend you not do that. Headphone amps typically are 3-5W output. Output A and B are 250W each and could easily blow your headphones (and possibly your ears). Also those jacks are mono, and your headphones are stereo.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Louie Da Sax Guy

Re: Need Help with the Behringer PMP500

Post by Louie Da Sax Guy »

Thanks,

Paul, I'll revisit the equipment and take your advice. ( I'll eat a humble pie reference the headphone) I was thinking of my other mixer.

Back to PMP500, When the CD player is connected via AUX input, I still can hear it via the monitor output. Also, the same output when switched to main, the audio cuts in and out.

I want to repair it instead of buying another mixer.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Louie

Return to “DIY Projects”