XR18 and Mac OS Big Sur

This site is not affiliated with Behringer or Music Tribe. This Suggestion Forum is intended for suggestions related to this site, only.
snoopdujour

XR18 and Mac OS Big Sur

Post by snoopdujour »

I would like to request an updated BIOS for the XR18 mixer. Currently, the XR18 is not showing up as an audio device. I have refreshed the daemon that controls CORE AUDIO.
I feel this is an important and needed update.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: XR18 and Mac OS Big Sur

Post by MJKlein »

Thank you for posting a suggestion. Be sure to read the FAQ (link on the top navigation bar). You can also contact the administrator directly by using the link at the bottom of the site.

Give us time to review your suggestion. In the meantime, if you have further information, please add to this topic.

This is an automated response and will be added to all posts in this forum.

Thank you.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @snoopdujour , this is an unofficial Behringer forum that has no affiliation with Music-Tribe, other than the fact that most of us members are passionate users of their product. So requesting an update to the firmware here, won't have much weight.

That all said, there have been some who have reported success in using the XR18 with a Mac Big Sur. But Apple has enabled some security settings that prevent access to the X-Air USB audio (Micro$oft has been doing the same thing with Win10). I'm not a Mac user myself (use linux Mint). I would suggest you do some research in the security settings, particularly regarding audio to make it work.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

This suggestion forum is for the site, not for products. Sorry if that wasn't clear @snoopdujour.

I have updated the autoresponder and will also update the forum description.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
snoopdujour

Post by snoopdujour »

@pvannatto I have turned the firewall off, but it didn't make any difference.
I have searched for help on this USB security issue. Are there any terminal commands that will resolve this issue?

Thank you.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@snoopdujour , if I remember correctly about the reports from the Mac users that solved their connection issue, the security setting was related to the mic input which Apple disables for security reasons. Again I'm not a Mac expert and have no experience with Big Sur (since the MacBook I have loaned to me won't update past Yosemite). So if there is a terminal command, I wouldn't have a clue what it would be.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
snoopdujour

Post by snoopdujour »

I am happy to report my XR18 is working properly on my Mac. I went into the Audio/Midi setup and it showed up without any intervention from me.
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

To further explain the security settings on a Mac, this is implemented to keep a rogue app from using your microphone. MacOS treats any and all audio inputs as a microphone. This does not keep the audio interface fro showing up in a DAW but does block audio input from the interface as a default.

This is fixed under System Preferences->Security & Privacy, Privacy Tab. Scroll the left panel until you see microphone. Click on it and verify your DAW is listed in the right panel and has a check mark next to it.

Return to “Suggestions”