Music Tribe down?

This forum is open to general topics. Please keep the conversations clean and nonconfrontational.
GaryH

Music Tribe down?

Post by GaryH »

I can't get to MT forums any more. I don't spend much time there these days but still visit it. Of course it's the only game in town to register your gear and get service approved...the Soup Nazi (Seinfeld episode) approach to modern tech! It has been annoyingly SLOW for a very long time and that among MANY other super annoying issues...now its totally unreachable. No its not my computer(s) or my internet provider...every other site on the planet (almost) loads up quickly. Probably busy making another new even greater mess of what once was a fantastic site. New Forum 3.0 no doubt-where anything good about the previous versions is discarded and a newer greater but non functional version is...stuffed down your throat. Is my anger leaking?

EDIT: Now able to get in there, but still super SLOW...I notice every time they put up a new product announcement it eats up their bandwidth or something like that...I see a new synth promoted today. It's all about selling and promoting new...not so much about fixing or supporting old...and of course anything new will arrive to buy by next year if you are lucky. Sad.
RexBeckett

Re: Music Tribe down?

Post by RexBeckett »

You have expressed the sentiments of many previous contributors to the old MT forum, @GaryH . Like you, I still check it most days but mourn the dreadful loss of knowledge and once-active members.

The only positive thing I see is the participation of MT technical staff. Some of these are very helpful although there is a tendency to request opening a Care ticket for even simple issues.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@RexBeckett

"but mourn the dreadful loss of knowledge and once-active members."

extremely well put!! Untold riches lost...very sad.

Yes there are a few good things buried in there, yes the tech staff do try and often succeed. I find that whole "ticket" business to be maddening to say the least. However it is a bit better of late. Still very much the Soup Nazi way of dealing. Don't mess up or miss one TINY little (usually worthless) line of info in your request or....NO SOUP FOR YOU! Even functional it remains sluggish by far compared to ANY other site I visit. Yet I still go there...glutton for punishment I guess
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hey @GaryH and @RexBeckett , I hear you. I'm still in there daily. After all those years (and free man hours) of building that forum up from what it began to THE place to come for answers/solutions and community for the Behringer/Midas products we've come to love, only to be destroyed by a whole new interface and an attitude that "tribers" know far more than volunteers and users as to what they need or want. On the bright side, we are so thankful that @MJKlein started this forum so that some of us non-fb users can have a home "in exile".
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
RexBeckett

Post by RexBeckett »

pvannatto wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:11 pm On the bright side, we are so thankful that @MJKlein started this forum so that some of us non-fb users can have a home "in exile".
@pvannatto @GaryH @MJKlein
Absolutely! There may be fewer of us but enquirers get real help from members with experience of actually using the products. MJ has given us a great forum with a proper editor and well-structured UI.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

RexBeckett wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:55 pm Absolutely! There may be fewer of us but enquirers get real help from members with experience of actually using the products. MJ has given us a great forum with a proper editor and well-structured UI.
Second that! :)
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Just seeing that the forum is a valuable asset to all of you is very gratifying. You have all thanked me more than enough already.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
thunfisch

Post by thunfisch »

Still got to post my initial experience with the Wing in the "old" version of the forum, and found it to be quite a nice place for sharing stuff about the digital mixers. Working as a system engineer myself, I can only shake my head at the absolutely botched operation of the new forum, let alone the horrible UX they are forcing onto their users. It's become a pitiful place of helpless people posting the same questions again and again for being unable to find any previous information again, and other poor souls confusing the forum with support because they screwed that up as well while they were at it.

Thanks from my side as well for a tiny oasis of sanity here, @MJKlein.
wing+dante, xr18, midas dl16+dl32
systems engineer by day, live sound, streaming & video by night

Return to “General Chat”