X32 : reorder lists ?

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
pmaillot

Re: X32 : reorder lists ?

Post by pmaillot »

DaveH wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:38 am But how can I delete the now usuless 40 first items of the list without doing it one by one on the console ?
You can use the 'file' editing capacity of X32_Command. The file would contain OSC commands to delete your items, can be edited with standard text editor. Takes 3 minutes max.

The file:
/delete ,si <your item type> <number>
/delete ,si <your item type> <number>
See p 53 of the X32 OSC documentation.
X32_Command can be found at https://x32ram.com (free) under the 'download' section
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Hi @pmaillot ,

Ha ha ! I'm sure it's very easy and trivial for you who are now very familiar and even intimate with the X32 ! ;-)
I just started to read your OSC doc. So it will take me some time.
BTW, once I made a full backup on USB by safety, is there any way that I could arm teh X32 using all these OSC tools without the full knowledge ?

EDIT : and I just see that now you switch on the Wing, and programming also nice tools (progressive mutes, in multithread !!!).
Et bravo pour ta thèse ! ;-)
Newbie in this vast X32 world. :geek:
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

I didn't *switch*. I use both, and create/maintain programs for both. :)

It's worth investing time into gaining knowledge of these systems, as they can be as complex (if not more) than your home PC. This knowledge will save you later on in critical situations.
TroyMac1ure

Post by TroyMac1ure »

@pmaillot I've also looked into re-ordering the library and started making a program to do this as well. Just haven't had access to the actual X32 board to see how it actually imported complete libraries presets and came across this posting.
I was also looking at if this could be done remotely, but I don't see any OSC commands for modifying libraries and assume that the X32 board doesn't support loading/saving libraries this way as the XM32 (Mixing Station App) doesn't look to support this either. Am I correct?

EDIT: I see you have X32GetLib/SetLib programs. They don't seem to work with X32Edit, so would I be correct to assume that X32Edit just doesn't support these commands?
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

pvannatto wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:45 am Yes @DaveH , it is one of my many apps. Actually I wouldn't want to be a "triber". I would then have to behave :) . But I am a beta tester for them.

As far as I know, there hasn't been an app developed for rearranging the library presets. No one ever asked. I'll have a look next week to see what it would take to make one. I have a tractor pull outdoor event to do sound for (first time) on Friday which requires 10 speakers, 750 ft of AES50 cable and 400 ft of XLR cable. So I have to get that planned out first.
I certainly could use a tool like that, Paul. I don't like scrolling through 70 some presets just to get to mine at the bottom (which prompted me to request page scrolling and scroll wrap on the Trello board).
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

MJKlein wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:29 am I certainly could use a tool like that, Paul. I don't like scrolling through 70 some presets just to get to mine at the bottom (which prompted me to request page scrolling and scroll wrap on the Trello board).
Thanks MJ. I started developing it and got it about half done, then got busy with something else. I'll get back at it this week.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Wow, I just posted this a minute ago, lol. Cool Paul. Thanks!
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

TroyMac1ure wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:39 pm @pmaillot I've also looked into re-ordering the library and started making a program to do this as well. Just haven't had access to the actual X32 board to see how it actually imported complete libraries presets and came across this posting.
I was also looking at if this could be done remotely, but I don't see any OSC commands for modifying libraries and assume that the X32 board doesn't support loading/saving libraries this way as the XM32 (Mixing Station App) doesn't look to support this either. Am I correct?

EDIT: I see you have X32GetLib/SetLib programs. They don't seem to work with X32Edit, so would I be correct to assume that X32Edit just doesn't support these commands?
Hello,

I don't think X32-Edit supports remote libraries (would have to double check).
What you want to do can be done remotely. There are load/save/copy/rename and delete commands for libraries in the X32 OSC protocol (see p. 50 in the OSC protocol document). This will provide you tools for manipulating lists of library elements.
Getting the contents of a library element is a set of requests ('get' commands or using a 'get node' request) to recover the data in your computer.
-P.
TroyMac1ure

Post by TroyMac1ure »

pmaillot wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:00 am I don't think X32-Edit supports remote libraries (would have to double check).
What you want to do can be done remotely. There are load/save/copy/rename and delete commands for libraries in the X32 OSC protocol (see p. 50 in the OSC protocol document). This will provide you tools for manipulating lists of library elements.
Getting the contents of a library element is a set of requests ('get' commands or using a 'get node' request) to recover the data in your computer.
-P.
Thanks for the information. I was looking at he OSC code listing in the wiki. I should have been looking at the one you list on your site as it's much more detailed. I appreciate the research and work you've done on the X32. If I finish a useful program I'll post it up here.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

MJKlein wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:36 am Wow, I just posted this a minute ago, lol. Cool Paul. Thanks!
Hey @MJKlein and @DaveH, I've just updated the Show Manager and included the presets management tool. I know presets are not part of shows. But the Show Manager interface and mechanism is the reason I included this tool, rather than creating a new app. Here is the link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/m32x32showmanager/
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”