WING questions.

Behringer WING Consoles
KMaxwell

WING questions.

Post by KMaxwell »

For a musical if I am using a WING at FOH (with a DL32 at the stage) with an X32Compact as a stage box or even a pit band sub mixer does it matter what firmware the X32Compact is on? At the moment I think the X32compact has firmware version 3.11.

I am very familiar with Auto mixers has anyone on here used the auto mixers in the WING? Is it a good implementation? This is for the dialog parts in a musical I usually use Shure SCM810 auto mixers with very good results. I will be turning the Auto mix functionality on and off on the channels as they need it, using Palladium. I have this working in Palladium already but I haven’t tried using it for a show yet.
pvannatto

Re: WING questions.

Post by pvannatto »

@KMaxwell , I'm not aware of any Wing issues when working with older X32 firmware. But they really should update it anyways.

I haven't used the automix on the Wing other than create a tool for the Wing Snipshot Toolbox (for another user). You can assign any channel to automix, max 16 channels at any one time.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Re: WING questions.

Post by KMaxwell »

pvannatto wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:32 am @KMaxwell , I'm not aware of any Wing issues when working with older X32 firmware. But they really should update it anyways.

I haven't used the automix on the Wing other than create a tool for the Wing Snipshot Toolbox (for another user). You can assign any channel to automix, max 16 channels at any one time.
I really like that “You can assign any channel to automix, max 16 channels at any one time.”. I have played around with that and I have that all working in Palladium. For this upcoming show I only need the first 16 channels of wireless in the Automix since they are the only ones with speaking parts.

I will have to find a way to try and see if the switching as I will need it will be silent. My initial tests tell me it is. I need to see how well it handles the actual automix between multiple mics.

Return to “WING Consoles”