Listen to bus mix

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
davidself1001

Listen to bus mix

Post by davidself1001 »

Sorry if this has been asked. Is there a way to monitor my IEM mixes from the headphone/monitor mix? If not, is there a way to do it without listening through my wireless receiver?
David Self - musician/audio engineer
X32 / XR18 Owner
Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW
Play bass, guitar, banjo and drums
Current band: Evolution (classic rock)
davidself1001

Re: Listen to bus mix

Post by davidself1001 »

How do you guys monitor what your musicians are hearing? Looking at the block diagram (and from the monitor tab) it is not possible to do it in the console. I think I am answering my own question. You have to listen via a receiver or just get feedback from the musicians about how it sounds. That seems like it would have been a good feature for the console to allow monitoring of mixbuses as well as the mains. The XR18 had this capability.
Last edited by davidself1001 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 / XR18 Owner
Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi David @davidself1001 , if you are referring to the X32 headphones, you can either solo the desired mixbus master channel or go to the Monitor section (press View of monitor section to the right of the display) and choose the desired source. But to be honest, you cannot mix other musicians IEMs due to the fact that each ear bud is different as well as each persons ears respond differently to ear buds. When musicians use IEMs, I provide them either a Behringer P1 and a tablet or a DP48 and tell them to mix their own mix.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
davidself1001

Post by davidself1001 »

Thanks pvannatto. I did watch a video that showed the soloing technique you mention. I do the sound for my band and we only have 2 IEM transmitters and 1 p16m. So just need to hear the levels even though they will be deciding if the mix is right. I use the p16m so not a problem there.
X32 / XR18 Owner
Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Adjusting levels can also be done by comparing VU meter levels.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”