USB confusion

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
davidself1001

USB confusion

Post by davidself1001 »

Having dinfficulty with usb drivers. There are two options on the beringer site. A UF driver and a USB driver. The x32 manual seems to be referring to the UF driver (based on the control panel I am supposed to see). I can't get the UF driver to install. I have my x32 turned off when i start the UF install. It then says to disconnect/reconnect the usb device and turn it on (i assume it is referring to my x32). When i turn on my x32 it doesn't recognize it and asks me to do it again. What am I missing? I did download and install the USB driver. I have usb options in my windows sound settings but they are all muked up. I have 1-2 usb, 1-8 usb, 3-4 usb up through 7-8 but nothing for any upper channels. I have the console set for usb 16/16. Help please.
David Self - musician/audio engineer
X32 / XR18 Owner
Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW
Play bass, guitar, banjo and drums
Current band: Evolution (classic rock)
pvannatto

Re: USB confusion

Post by pvannatto »

@davidself1001 , the X-UF card hasn't been in production for over 8 years. In all likelihood, you have the X-USB card installed. To verify, look at the back of the X32 and see what it is. Windows does not like working with multi-track audio natively. If you want to record multi-track, the drivers you installed (X-USB drivers...) are ASIO based, which are multi-track (up to 32 channels). In order to use the ASIO drivers, you need to use software that is ASIO compatible, such as Reaper or other DAWs (eg. ProTools, CubeBase, etc.).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
davidself1001

Post by davidself1001 »

I use Cakewalk but my comments above referred to the native windows sound setting options. I'll check tomorrow in Cakewalk to see if it is more coherent. thanks for the response. I am loving my x32.
X32 / XR18 Owner
Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

As I mentioned above, Windows native doesn't do multi-track and won't access ASIO in any way. That's the nature of Windows and one of the reasons I switched to linux.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

I use Cakewalk and have for a zillion years, long before Bandlab came to its rescue after Gibson bought it, burned it to the ground and left it for dead. What they now give away for free used to cost over $400 to buy! As Paul said more than likely you have a usb card. So you do want the latest usb drivers for windows. You definitely also want the asio model for your driver version in cakewalk preferences. The windows native version restricts ch count by a lot. You can then choose up to 32 ch’s using the mixer sound card. Cakewalk works perfectly with these. I also have a Dante card in my X32C and this also uses the asio driver model but with Dante Virtual Soundcard and works just fine in Cakewalk.
davidself1001

Post by davidself1001 »

thanks for the feedback.
X32 / XR18 Owner
Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”