copy from M32 to WING question

This section provides support for Paul's apps
KMaxwell

copy from M32 to WING question

Post by KMaxwell »

@pvannatto Is there a way to copy a TruEQ graphic from a M32 Effects library slot to a WING FX Library slot with your Toolbox app?
pvannatto

Re: copy from M32 to WING question

Post by pvannatto »

@KMaxwell , hmm... I'll have to think about that. Let me get back to you later.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@KMaxwell , doing it with Live Toolbox (connected to one console, then the other) is a bit problematic, since you would have to first connect to the M32, request the FX data of the TruEQ and store it (which can be done). Then you would have to recall those OSC values (0 to 1) and convert them to real values (db). Then connect to the Wing (which you can do with the Connect command, switching between consoles, even between M32 and Wing), then change the settings of the TruEq on the Wing.

It is much easier to to using a scene file from the M32 and converting just the TruEQ settings (in slot #) to the JSON equivalent snipshot (snippet of a snapshot), saving the file and loading it into the Wing. This is because scene files use real values (eg. db) instead of OSC values (0 to 1). I can make up a conversion tool and add it to the Wing Snipshot Toolbox if you want.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

@pvannatto I appreciate all of the help. I was hoping it was something that could already be done and I was just missing it. I can just manually copy the settings.

This is for a setup that we have been doing for years with 2 Midas M32 mixers and all of the settings are in the M32s. This year I am going to see if I can use the WING with Palladium for his show. I just yesterday (Sunday) started to look at how I had done some of work on the WING Mixer file for Palladium. Around the beginning of July was the last time I had been working on that because we were using the WING for concerts this summer. I am making a lot of progress. The DCA TAG method is messing me up but I have it working for one DCA and I can add and remove channels from that DCA in the Palladium cues. For me this will work for this show.

I am working of the effect sends as I am writing this. Now I just need to call it quits for tonight and start again in the morning.

Return to “Paul's Apps Support”