IMPORTANT: Possible format change ahead

Support forum for the AutoMate family of console automation specifically designed for Behringer/Midas consoles by Patrick Gilles-Maillot.

This forum is also for support with Reaper and the X-Live expansion card with respect to AutoMate.

https://x32ram.com
Forum rules
For generic X-Live support, please go to the appropriate forum here:
viewforum.php?f=47
pmaillot

IMPORTANT: Possible format change ahead

Post by pmaillot »

Hello all AutoMate users!

I'm constantly looking for optimizations and found a couple of them recently:

-1- optimize fader rendering when catching up to audio cursor position: instead of sending all fader updates, only the very first and very last updates would be sent. The very first one corresponds to the initial scene reset, the very last corresponds to the last known fader value at audio cursor time. This will limit the wear on faders when mixing. Currently being tested... needs lots of debug & validation but I'm optimistic.

-2- optimize time calculations in the program. Currently I'm relying on Unix macros using a standard time structure. This is fine but needs multiple operations and tests to set, compare, add, and subtract time data. I have a way to simplify that by just using a single 64bit int where all operations above are a single instruction. Added point is the management of REAPER negative time is naturally handled, which is not the case with Unix time structures. The downside is that the .xrr file format will not be compatible between 'old' time management and 'new' time management. I have written a conversion utility to convert .xrr files into the new .wrr format. Will it be OK to everyone if I optimize time format in all AutoMate programs and provide a conversion utility?

Please feedback!
Thx
-Patrick
pvannatto

Re: IMPORTANT: Possible format change ahead

Post by pvannatto »

@pmaillot , another suggestion is to have the automate app check for the existence of the newer .wrr file and if it doesn't exist, read the older .xrr file, do the conversion and create the newer .wrr file.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “AutoMate Support”