Scribble strip replacement

Behringer WING Consoles
Grecoaudio

Re: Scribble strip replacement

Post by Grecoaudio »

Sorry guys, I did not, but certainly could explain it in detail. Kevin in regards to your question. I replaced the part that wasn't working. I wondered if just reseating the connector would do the trick but this is the second scribble strip that has failed on me and if I could have had the mixer in the normal feet side down position while doing the repair, I might have attempted the reseating the connector exercise, but I didn't want to be powering up while the patient was on the table in literally many pieces. Maybe in the future, and I am sure although I would rather not, have to crack her or her brother open again, there will be another time when I'm gonna have to administer the anesthesia and go in again for yet another procedure. So maybe next time around I will do the proverbial photo shoot. I am available for disassembly coaching grecoaudio@gmail.com or if I happen to see someone struggling with a faulty desk. Maybe I can jump in on this forum. I am willing to share with the group things that I've found and the solutions I came up with to keep my family of desks in tip top working condition. As I have both X, M's and a Wing or two

This really isn't something you should try at home if you don't have some sort of electronic ability. Because u could get yourself in a shitload of trouble if the patient wakes up mid operation. Or something gets incorrectly plugged or not plugged at all. Not to veer people who are thinking about trying to do a simple repair at home but being down both roads at this point. Working on the M's and X's are much easier as the mixer stays feet down during the operation.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Grecoaudio Yes I would still enjoy all the gory details. I’ve had the back open multiple times related to Dante internal cards. Those instructions we detailed in the Dante section of this forum. Also where were you able to get the replacement parts to fix the scribble strip?
Grecoaudio

Post by Grecoaudio »

Parts are available directly from music tribe. I will be in the shop where my wing is on Monday. I will see if I can snap some pictures. Gary are you looking to do a scribble strip replacement?
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

No, just curious on the process. If I ever need to get in there it will be good info to have available. Great if you can do it without an imposition.

Return to “WING Consoles”