Help with setup on mixing station pro

All aspects of David Schumann's excellent mixing app
dsealer

Help with setup on mixing station pro

Post by dsealer »

I have purchased the pro app (twice actually). I'm trying to setup the software but I have some things happen that I don't understand.
1st. When I load the app I get a pop-up each time saying I need to install the app or my updates won't be accessible, etc.
2nd. I want to setup for xr18 but the app loads 32.
How do I get these 2 things working correctly?
Thanks,
Don.......
Don.....
pvannatto

Re: Help with setup on mixing station pro

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @dsealer, welcome to the forum. Mixing Station Pro on an android tablet should come up with a screen with all of the various digital mixers that Mixing Station can be used with. There you select the X/M AIR (second one under the Music Tribe column). The first time you do that you need to be connected to the internet. When it comes up with the message about installing, if I remember correctly you simply need to provide your email address that you purchased the X/M Air licence. Once that is established, you won't have to do it again (its a one time thing for each licence).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
thunfisch

Post by thunfisch »

Hey, something to watch out for: There are different Mixing Station licenses for the X-Air devices (XR18 etc) and the X32 devices. Sounds to me like you might have accidentally bought the wrong version.

Edit:

See here: https://devcore.onfastspring.com/mixing-station-pc

There is "XM32" which works with any X32/M32 console (X32/M32) full, compact, producer, rack, core and a "XAir" version which works with XR18, XR16, XR12 and the Midas variants of those. Double check that you have the right version.
wing+dante, xr18, midas dl16+dl32
systems engineer by day, live sound, streaming & video by night
dsealer

Post by dsealer »

Thanks all for your replies. So after 4 tries I have the correct software. So now you can see that I struggle with things like this. With that in mind I'd like to ask for some help in getting this configured. I've spent the last couple of days trying to get it done but it's been a struggle. Is there step by step instructions or web videos out there that would help me? Paul has sent me one site, and it's been helpful, but I need more.
Thanks again,
Don.....
Don.....
dsealer

Post by dsealer »

I have finally started to understand the process. Question, is there a way to set the software so that when I open it up it automatically displays my mixer?
Thanks,
Don.....
Don.....
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @dsealer, if you want it to autosave your setup when shutting down, press the gear icon (top right) and turn on Autosave. Close the app, then open it again and turn Autosave off. From now on it will load your setup every time.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
dsealer

Post by dsealer »

Thanks Paul.
Don.....

Return to “Mixing Station”