Control surface mapping Flow 8

The new Flow8 digital console
buzzkill

Control surface mapping Flow 8

Post by buzzkill »

Is there a Control surface map for say Reaper ? or OSC ? for the Flow 8 ?
thanks

I downloaded X touch editor and setup the faders according to the Midi info in the manual . it saves as a .bin file , what type of fi;e would say reaper use a .mid file or ??
buzzkill

Re: Control surface mapping Flow 8

Post by buzzkill »

Ok so this forum is useless thanks BRinger
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@buzzkill just because we didn't answer you question immediately, we are useless???

For the record, I did see you post, but had very little time to research the answer, due to the fact that I'm in the middle of doing sound for 2 runathons this weekend, which requires 12+ hours per day.

As far as I know, there is no control surface map for the Flow8 and I don't believe it uses OSC protocol (like that of the X-Air, X32 and Wing).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
buzzkill

Post by buzzkill »

Sorry Paul but I figured that the furum guys worked for Behringer ?? I guess not so my bad , If you find anything on this it would be useful for a small studio as a quick control surface , I tried a bunch of other control surface MST files in REaper useing the CSI ( control surface integrator ) with no luck
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hey @buzzkill, none of us work for Behringer here. We are just a bunch of passionate Behringer and Midas product users who don't like the official "new fangled" forum interface. Yes if I do hear of anything, I will let you know.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

@buzzkill I would think you'll have to setup a REAPER map (using REAPER CSI) such as demoed for the BCF2000 in except you'll have to create your own setup from scratch as there doesn't seem to be any existing flow8 model.
May be overkill though...
Or Maybe using RealLearn to setup/map your flow8 MIDI as a control surface to REAPER: https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/realearn/
See https://github.com/helgoboss/realearn, which has the install, architecture etc. stuff.
-P
buzzkill

Post by buzzkill »

pvannatto wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:52 am Hey @buzzkill, none of us work for Behringer here. We are just a bunch of passionate Behringer and Midas product users who don't like the official "new fangled" forum interface. Yes if I do hear of anything, I will let you know.
Ya sorry about that man ! I have tries the CSI , and every file they have with no luck , I read on here somewhere that the FLOW 8 only has one way Midi ???
buzzkill

Post by buzzkill »

pmaillot wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:29 pm @buzzkill I would think you'll have to setup a REAPER map (using REAPER CSI) such as demoed for the BCF2000 in except you'll have to create your own setup from scratch as there doesn't seem to be any existing flow8 model.
May be overkill though...
Or Maybe using RealLearn to setup/map your flow8 MIDI as a control surface to REAPER: https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/realearn/
See https://github.com/helgoboss/realearn, which has the install, architecture etc. stuff.
-P
Gonna check out the Helgoboss stuff thanks !!
buzzkill

Post by buzzkill »

Ok I downloaded MidiOX to monitor the midi from the Flow8 and I get NOTHING in or out at all ! faders/buttons etc. its not transmitting any midi , I tried downgrading the firmware = no midi notes on MidiOX , reinstalled the drivers = nothing.

Can one of you confirm this ?? why would they put midi names/botes in the manual or is my system screwed ? weird , I tried 3 different midi monitors NO MIDI in or out .
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Maybe Flow8 is a midi receive-only device?
To me this would make little sense as it is not equipped with motorized faders.

Is it mentioned somewhere in docs or flows pages from B?

Return to “Flow8”