Behringer X32 Stereo Live feed

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
slh792

Re: Behringer X32 Stereo Live feed

Post by slh792 »

Good question... Let me get with the guy who did the routing for us and into the stream. I will respond after I get a chance to figure that out.
slh792

Post by slh792 »

I found out that the we are sending mono to the online service. The guy who setup our system said that since we run mono in house that why he set the live stream with one channel and the other channel goes to our hearing device. Since our hearing device has its own amp sending signals to the receiving headphone units. Would it be possible to use a Monitor Buss and use the other channel to send the signal in stereo for the live stream?
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

I feel your pain man. You've been chasing an issue that is downstream from you and you had no idea.

You really do not want to get into managing left and right signals going to a live stream from completely separate bus sends on the console. That is the stuff of nightmares. My suggestion is that you use both outputs of the linked Mixbuses you are using for the live feed, in stereo, and use the console Mono bus to feed the hearing device feed.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
slh792

Post by slh792 »

The guy who setup our system has finally put our system in stereo. I can hear it in our CD player. Not sure how he did it. I tired a little panning with our vocals and a couple instruments. When I listen online my panned items still seem to run right down the middle. What could I be doing wrong that I don't hear the panned items balanced as I placed them.
slh792

Post by slh792 »

We have the system in stereo now. I can hear it online by the CD playing. When I pan the instruments they are still in Mono. Attached is where we send to the live feed from.

slh792

Post by slh792 »

Hi @pvannatto would You be able to take look at the scene ( 5-29-20022-Fix2.scn ) we shared last week and see why when I try to pan it still comes out down the middle on the live feed? Below is where we send out to our live feed.

pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hey @slh792, are you by chance trying to pan the channels for the live feed using the pan knob on the console? If so, that is for the panning to the Main LR only. To pan channels to your live feed mixbus (11/12), select the channel you want to pan, then select the Sends screen. There will be a pan control for buses 11/12. That is the pan you want to use.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
slh792

Post by slh792 »

Hi @pvannatto Thank You for helping us. Not sure if I'm in the right place for channel panning. Below is a picture where I believe I'm supposed to be. Maybe I'm not and I do apologize. When I select Allison or Marks channels and tab over to the sends and dial the pan to the right the volume goes down. When I pan to the left the volume stays the same.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @slh792, what you describe is a symptom of a bad cable. The cable from the Aux Out 5/6 right channel is not working, or you haven't assigned mixbus 12 to Aux Out 6 (on the Routing, Aux Out screen).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
slh792

Post by slh792 »

Thanks @pvannatto maybe there could cable issue. The CD player plays in stereo on the live feed. As far as mixbus and routing that's alittle over my head. I'm trying to learn things and I enjoy the board but its a little intimidating.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”