U-Phoria UMC1820: S/PDIF Inputs

bdef

U-Phoria UMC1820: S/PDIF Inputs

Post by bdef »

Hi there -

I recently acquired a UMC1820. I noticed that it has two sets of inputs in the back, designated for SPDIF. One set uses a coaxial connection and is labelled "IN (9-10)". The other has a TOSLINK connection and is labelled "In (11-18)."

By plugging into the TOSLINK channel, I get two additional SPDIF inputs listed in on my audio card.

My question is: If I also plugged into the "IN (9-10)" with a coaxial connection, would I get another 2 channels of SPDIF input listed?

Thanks!
ilmostro

Re: U-Phoria UMC1820: S/PDIF Inputs

Post by ilmostro »

I just got one a week ago, been playing around with it, doing everything I expected.

However - I just can’t get the TOSLink and SPDIF inputs to work simultaneously.

I’ve got the SPDIF working, channels 9-10 seem to be the left right channels respectively. Sometimes I get the TOSLINK working. Seems to be whether ADAT mode is on or off?

Anyone care to explain if the optical and coaxial inputs can work at the same time, or how to switch between them. The UMC1820 does a reboot when you switch between ADAT and SPDIF modes.
GaryH

Re: U-Phoria UMC1820: S/PDIF Inputs

Post by GaryH »

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sy ... 976414.pdf

It appears it's one or the other for the optical ports, and it does restart to switch. It also appears that the RCA coaxial INPUT switches on/off by that choice'. If front switch is SPDIF the RCA input is OFF, if ADAT the RCA input is on. RCA out appears to always carry the same thing for either position. The manual is not all that helpful. It's detective work at best by the looks of it.

Return to “Audio Interfaces”