Power devices that can be safly used with a generator for Wing/M32 etc

GaryH

Power devices that can be safly used with a generator for Wing/M32 etc

Post by GaryH »

I ran across and issue that I was not well prepared for yesterday. Using a generator for the power source. Is there a known device that people can recommend that can be used safely and reliably in this manner? Something that evens out spikes and lags and whatever else a generator can impose such that a digital mixer can plug in to without worry? One that won't break my back or bank account.
timverhoeven

Re: Power devices that can be safly used with a generator for Wing/M32 etc

Post by timverhoeven »

Normally a decent spec'ed generator should not have spikes and lags. If it does it means that is was to small for the job.

Still if you are faced with such a situation, the only device that I know off that will clean up the power is what is called an "in-line UPS". These are UPS's that sit between the external (generator) and internal (your devices), hence the name "in-line". What they actually do is transform the external power into DC to feed the batteries in the UPS, then there is a second converter also connected to the batteries that will convert the DC voltage back to a usable and stable AC voltage with the power in the batteries picking up any dips and lags. This way the input AC and output AC of the UPS are complete isolated.

Return to “Miscellaneous”