Reset GEQ

Behringer WING Consoles
DaveT

Reset GEQ

Post by DaveT »

Am I missing something here, or is there no easy quick way to reset the GEQ back to zero?? OK, I can drop the fx and then load it again, but cmon, even the X32 had an easy quick way to flatten it. Its becoming a pain in the backside when gigging different venues and wanting to reset the monitors EQs to ring them out. Even if they had (as on the X32) allowed the faders for the EQs would have been a quick way to pull all them back to almost level
KMaxwell

Re: Reset GEQ

Post by KMaxwell »

I would like to see a reset button on screen to flatten out the EQ. and I would really like it if they could make the WING graphic EQ interface the same as is on the M32/X32, flip the faders to be EQ control and if you hit the Mute button it resets that fader back to 0 on that frequency on the EQ.

I have a TRU EQ FLAT in the library so I can recall a preset with a flat EQ. Actually on the WING it is called TRUE and there is a switch (on screen) to turn on the True curve configuration. If you are not familiar with the TRUE EQ here is a cut and paste from the X32 Manual that explains it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The TruEQ incorporates a special algorithm that compensates for the gain adjustment overlapping effect that adjacent frequency bands have on one another. On a standard EQ, when neighboring bands are boosted together, the resulting effect is magnified beyond what is visible from the positioning of the sliders. This compensated EQ will produce an adjustment that is identical to the actual positioning of the sliders.
<<<<<<<<<<<<

I mention that because I would suggest that if using a graphic EQ try the TRUE version the end result (I think) is smoother then the regular Graphic EQ.

But back to resetting a graphic EQ. I turned on the WING to test somethings. The method of resetting an EQ by recalling a library FX preset of a flat EQ takes a lot more button presses then I thought and I think that the better way might be what you are doing. On the EQ edit screen if I select the FX TYPE (pull down) and select a different FX and then again select the FX TYPE and select the Graphic EQ I then have a flat Graphic EQ. It is a pretty fast way of getting a flattened out EQ. But I still think an EQ reset button on the screen would be faster. .
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

KMaxwell wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:10 pm I would like to see a reset button on screen to flatten out the EQ. and I would really like it if they could make the WING graphic EQ interface the same as is on the M32/X32, flip the faders to be EQ control and if you hit the Mute button it resets that fader back to 0 on that frequency on the EQ.
[...]
But back to resetting a graphic EQ. I turned on the WING to test somethings. The method of resetting an EQ by recalling a library FX preset of a flat EQ takes a lot more button presses then I thought and I think that the better way might be what you are doing. On the EQ edit screen if I select the FX TYPE (pull down) and select a different FX and then again select the FX TYPE and select the Graphic EQ I then have a flat Graphic EQ. It is a pretty fast way of getting a flattened out EQ. But I still think an EQ reset button on the screen would be faster. .
You can do this using wxfade, assigning a snippet to a Custom Control Central section button, using wxfade menu capability. The snippet can either be a freq. reset of all fields you want/need to reset, or a FX switch as you describe it. ONE click on the button, done! :)
And you don't even have to switch to the FX page! Or you could also tell *the* button to also go to the FX page :) See a demo here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BFboMI ... sp=sharing.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

pmaillot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:38 am
KMaxwell wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:10 pm I would like to see a reset button on screen to flatten out the EQ. and I would really like it if they could make the WING graphic EQ interface the same as is on the M32/X32, flip the faders to be EQ control and if you hit the Mute button it resets that fader back to 0 on that frequency on the EQ.
[...]
You can do this using wxfade, assigning a snippet to a Custom Control Central section button, using wxfade menu capability. The snippet can either be a freq. reset of all fields you want/need to reset, or a FX switch as you describe it. ONE click on the button, done! :)
And you don't even have to switch to the FX page! Or you could also tell *the* button to also go to the FX page :) See a demo here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BFboMI ... sp=sharing.
Is wxfade a program (or app or is it a utility) that has to be running on a computer at the time you are using it to reset the EQ. And do you need to setup multiples of this, one for each graphic EQ in use in the effects slots? Or is wxfade actually loading a capability into the WING? Thank you for all of the apps and everything else that you do with these mixes (WING,M32/X32 etc.) you really help to make these mixer be more usable and understandable.

One behavior I noticed when playing with the Graphic EQ isn’t the EQ itself but the behavior of a setting on the WING. Under SETUP in the PREFERENCES section there is a setting called TOUCH FADER SELECT. I think the naming of this setting is incorrect but I don’t know what I would call it. The way that this works (for example on the Graphic EQ screen) if this is ON and you touch a control (on the screen) in this case the frequency fader that frequency is highlighted by a frame marking at the top and bottom of the +/- range and the rotary knob to the right of the touch screen is able to control the last touched +/- control. BUT once you do that on that screen you can no longer select which range of frequencies you can control with that same knob or any other way that I can find that will let you move to the left and right of the EQ controls.

I like the capabilities that the TOUCH FADER SELECT give you on other screens but in my opinion it can mess you up on a Graphic EQ screen.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Wxfade is an app, running in a PC and using the native wing api. It doesn't load anything to wing, except the programming of the button(s), and you'll need to have as many buttons GEQ instances.

I'll take a look at your note in your post tomorrow. I'm just back from a gig, and tired.

-P
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

@KMaxwell I see what you mean.... Not the best GUI implementation in my opinion. Once you choose a fader, your window of 6 is fixed and no way to change it. B could implement a "If you click on an already selected item, it just unselects it". That would at least free the window of 6. I'll propose that to the dev team.
Thanks for pointing this out.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

OK.. The solution is to hit/tap the screen where the frequency values are shown, this de-selects the currently selected band and resets the rotary knob on the right of the screen to its default function (i.e. swipe the 6 bands window).

Not intuitive, but it effectively works. :)
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

pmaillot wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:34 am OK.. The solution is to hit/tap the screen where the frequency values are shown, this de-selects the currently selected band and resets the rotary knob on the right of the screen to its default function (i.e. swipe the 6 bands window).

Not intuitive, but it effectively works. :)
Thank you for bring it up to the Beta forum (is that what it is called) I see that and as Peter said if you hit the CLR SOLO it will also revert back to the default function. But I just tested that and that will also clear any solo that you have selected so it is nice to know that is the behavior.

Return to “WING Consoles”