reboot WING

Behringer WING Consoles
KMaxwell

reboot WING

Post by KMaxwell »

Is there a button combination to reboot the WING. I have been experimenting with some OSC commands that I am sending to the WING and I have managed twice today to send a bad command to the WING and I have frozen the WING twice. Turning the power switch off and on again brings it back but I thought there was a button combination that would bring it back. When it freezes nothing responds.

I am very good at breaking things.
pvannatto

Re: reboot WING

Post by pvannatto »

KMaxwell wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:08 pm I am very good at breaking things.
@Roblof also holds that title :D
As far as I know, no button combination has been found (or documented) to reboot the Wing. I just checked the wiki and we don't have it documented there.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Setup+Home reboots the WING, but after you sent it to shutdown through the setup menu. If the console jammed somewhere or froze, I think the only option is a power cycle.

It would be great if you can document what sequence of events/commands got you there.
-P
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

@pmaillot I just tried to do the same thing that I did yesterday that involved sending OSC commands to the WING from Palladium. But it didn’t freeze the WING today when I sent the same command.

I tried to do another thing that I did yesterday along the same lines. Sending an OSC message that was most likely not meant to be sent to the WING and today it just didn’t do anything, it didn’t freeze the surface.

So it is definitely a sequence that causes it to happen and I guess I wasn’t able to replicate the sequence today.

I was working on setting up the User layer 1 to recall in Palladium cues. So I only have the wireless Mics in use in a scene populating the faders in User 1. I have it working except to setup a default the would clear out a channel position (set it to empty) when I didn’t want anything there. I was looking for a number for something that would set it to empty. I can set the default to an unused thing like Aux4 and set that to look almost like it is cleared. I am also able to set a command as a separate button to set each position to empty and I also set a button to send a command that clears a bunch of the positions. The length of the command to set all 12 positions to empty was too long to work so I had to make it 2 commands one that clears 1-6 and one that clears 7-12.

I did discover while playing with this that to send a command to populate a user layer after you have used the CH numbers you don’t need to change the command (which would not work at the moment the way that Palladium works) you just use higher numbers to set the, AUX, Bus, Mains, Matrix. And if you go higher (up to a point) past 76 it circles around but not to the beginning again, it starts at Aux1.
This is the OSC command (if I copied it correctly).
/~~~,s~~/$ctl.layer.l.6.1.type=CH, i=~~~~~

And this is the Hex conversion that Palladium does to that command.
2F.00.00.00.2C.73.00.00.2F.24.63.74.6C.2E.6C.61.79.65.72.2E.4C.2E.36.2E.31.2E.74.79.70.65.3D.43.48.2C.20.69.3D.WW.XX.YY.00
The $ctl (in the OSC command) I edit the Hex result (because it doesn’t work unless I do) because it gets converted as ct.6C. I change it to 24.63.74.6C . The WW.XX.YY part of this string is replaced from a lookup table. Channel 01 is hex 30.31 and 40 is hex 34.30. etc. And the highest number is 76 hex 37.36 which is Matrix 8. I am really only using the WW.XX columns in the table at the moment.

If they incorporate DCA Spill in the WING and if I can recall that in a cue (in Palladium) I wouldn’t need to do what I am working on at the moment.

For those that aren’t aware Palladium is the program that I use to do the cue management when doing Musical Theater. I have been using it with the Midas M32 mixers and have been working on setting it up to use with the WING. I have done a few of these shows with the WING controlled by Palladium.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

KMaxwell wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:57 pm [...] I wasn’t able to replicate the sequence today.

OK, too bad (sort of). If you happen to see that again, try to 'snapshot' it :)

[...]
I did discover while playing with this that to send a command to populate a user layer after you have used the CH numbers you don’t need to change the command (which would not work at the moment the way that Palladium works) you just use higher numbers to set the, AUX, Bus, Mains, Matrix. And if you go higher (up to a point) past 76 it circles around but not to the beginning again, it starts at Aux1.
This is the OSC command (if I copied it correctly).
/~~~,s~~/$ctl.layer.l.6.1.type=CH, i=~~~~~

Yes, that's a 'classic' in programming, reusing a buffer to avoid spending computing time on already done tasks.

BTW, you should be able to get to the same results with a combined node command, sending all channels at once, rather than repeating that layer command over and over. You'd be sending something like:
/~~~,s~~/$ctl.layer.L.6.1.type=CH,i=xx,..2.type=CH,i=yy,..3.type=CH,i=zz, ... etc. up to 24
(I'll try that myself later today and will confirm the actual command, the point I'm never sure of is the number of '.' after the 'xx,' :-D

[...]
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

pmaillot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:10 am [...
(I'll try that myself later today and will confirm the actual command, the point I'm never sure of is the number of '.' after the 'xx,' :-D
Here's the correct command:
/ ,s /$ctl.layer.L.6.1.type=CH,i=3,.2.type=CH,i=5,.3.type=CH,i=1
->W, 68 B: /~~~,s~~/$ctl.layer.L.6.1.type=CH,i=3,.2.type=CH,i=5,.3.type=CH,i=1~
W->, 12 B: /*~~,s~~OK~~

Giving the result below:

-Patrick
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

@pmaillot

I am confused. I didn’t think I was repeating the Layer command anywhere. But I could be wrong.

This is all to save the layer “USER 1” configuration changes in the cues in Palladium and it seems to be working just fine. I say “seems to be” because I haven’t really torture tested it yet. I have tested it but I always want to test it more.

I will try to attach a screen shot of the look up table here to see if that helps to explain what it does.

The place where I hit a restriction of how long a command line could be had to do with this line when I tried to set all 12 to empty. If I just do 6 of them like is shown below it works fine. If I try to do a few more OFFs then I get a message in Palladium that the command it too long.
/~~~,s~~/$ctl.Layer.l.6.1.type=off,.2.type=off,.3.type=off,.4.type=off,.5.type=off,.6.type=off
I think I got that command string from you and it works to do what I want.

Hex version
2F.00.00.00.2C.73.00.00.2F.24.63.74.6C.2E.4C.61.79.65.72.2E.6C.2E.36.2E.31.2E.74.79.70.65.3D.6F.66.66.2C.2E.32.2E.74.79.70.65.3D.6F.66.66.2C.2E.33.2E.74.79.70.65.3D.6F.66.66.2C.2E.34.2E.74.79.70.65.3D.6F.66.66.2C.2E.35.2E.74.79.70.65.3D.6F.66.66.2C.2E.36.2E.74.79.70.65.3D.6F.66.66

Return to “WING Consoles”