Bug Report: Visual bug

razz

Bug Report: Visual bug

Post by razz »

Currently using X32 Edit version 4.3 on our X32 Rack Mount console.

To summarize what's going on, ever since updating to 4.3 we have been experiencing a visual bug with the X32 Edit GUI. It occurs when 2 or more people have the program open on separate devices, connected to the same console. We do this so myself and my A1 can both control the console (usually when the A1 needs to step away to go mic someone up, use the restroom, etc).

The issue is that in one of the two instances of X32 edit, the GUI will not properly update when changes are made.

For example- device A running X32 Edit will mute a channel, but on device B the same mute button will not turn red. The channel does in fact mute- but the GUI on device 2 does not update to reflect this.

Another example is when two channels are stereo linked, device A can move the fader up and down and the linked channel's fader will follow, as expected- but on the other device only 1 fader will move.

After some testing I can confirm that this bug is purely visual- the console follows the commands as expected.

There is no consistency for which of the two devices will experience this bug. Sometimes it will be the first device that connects to the console, sometimes it will be the second. Reconnecting/resyncing does not resolve the issue. The only resolution is to fully power down the console and reboot it. This will sometimes temporarily fix it- but just as often rebooting will just change which of the two devices is experiencing the visual bug.

Let me know if anyone else has experienced something similar or knows of a solution. Happy to provide more details as well to help troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance!

-R

Return to “X32 Edit”