X-Live File Names

GPM

X-Live File Names

Post by GPM »

Is it possible to rename the X-Live files? I record each song at our gigs and replay / mix later and would like to match the song names to the files.

Thanks in advance,
Gary
pmaillot

Re: X-Live File Names

Post by pmaillot »

You can give them a name which will be embedded in the file (i.e. session name), but not change the of the session file name itself, if I recall correctly. The session file name is composed of hexa digits [0..F] and built based on the creation date/time of the session.
One of my XLive utilities, X32Xlive_Wav, manages renaming the session name (you don't have to explode the session, just enter a name and hit "Set Session Name").
GPM

Post by GPM »

Thanks Patrick, sorry if I'm being a bit dense. When I record set 1 onto an sd card there is a parent folder titled X-Live. Within that folder there will be as many folders with unique names as there were songs in the set. Within those folders is a wav and bin file. Which element does your X32live_wav program allow me to rename?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

GPM wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:25 pm Thanks Patrick, sorry if I'm being a bit dense. When I record set 1 onto an sd card there is a parent folder titled X-Live. Within that folder there will be as many folders with unique names as there were songs in the set. Within those folders is a wav and bin file. Which element does your X32live_wav program allow me to rename?
The structure is X_live directory, then a series of ABCDEF01234 folders. the element that X32live_wav changes is the name within the "ABCDEF01234" folder, in the bin file. That name will then show in the list of X-Live files/sessions you will see in the X32 screen.
GPM

Post by GPM »

"That name will then show in the list of X-Live files/sessions you will see in the X32 screen."

That's awesome Patrick, thanks!

Return to “X-Live”