Settings Location for XAir Pro Version

All aspects of David Schumann's excellent mixing app
kmitchell

Settings Location for XAir Pro Version

Post by kmitchell »

I recently added a new tablet to my collection and realized that it's running a different version of MS than my Galaxy View. It is running Mixing Station 1.8.0 while my Galaxy View is running Mixing Station X Air Pro 1.2.3. I downloaded and installed Mixing Station from the Play store and when I ran it the first time, it told me I had to migrate my licenses, which I did. However, the migration didn't move my settings to the location expected by the new app. I found the location of the "new" settings but I can't find the "X Air Pro" settings that I've put a lot of work into. I'm hoping I can just copy them to the new location, assuming I can find them.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ken
kmitchell

Re: Settings Location for XAir Pro Version

Post by kmitchell »

For those finding this later on, here's an update of what I found. In the words of the Beatles, it was a long and winding road.

Found this in the manual:

================
Settings
Due to more restrictive google play policies the app settings can't be migrated automatically. To overcome this issue either export/import your settings using the community feature or copy the files manually to the new location:

From internal storage/MixingStation to Internal/Android/data/org.devcore.mixingstation/files/MixingStation
=====================

The "to" location was correct but not the "from" location. That must have been for an intermediate version that was newer than mine but not the latest. What I ended up doing was connecting the Galaxy View to a Windows 10 PC via USB. The tablet appears as a media drive to the Windows PC. This doesn't work on a Mac.

I was able to poke around until I finally found my settings in "internal storage/Android/data/com.davidgiga1993.mixingstation.xairpro/files/MixingStation"

I copied these settings to the new location and it worked. As an aside, I also found several other folders that appeared to have some historical settings. I backed those up and deleted them to avoid confusion in the future. I'm easily confused these days.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.
pvannatto

Re: Settings Location for XAir Pro Version

Post by pvannatto »

Thanks Ken @kmitchell. I always wondered where those settings went.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “Mixing Station”