wtap closes on startup

MrBongo

wtap closes on startup

Post by MrBongo »

Heyho,

i´m trying to use wtap as my first external Wing Application, but since i´m no IT expert it didn´t really click with me how to use it properly.
Downloaded, put on desktop. Tried to add the w-API on desktop as well.
Wing is connected over a Switch or directly to the laptop.
Doubleclick on wtap.exe, window opens without content and closes again after 2-3 seconds.

Win 10 Pro
Ryzen5500u Laptop Lenovo

Do you need any specific details?

cheers
pmaillot

Re: wtap closes on startup

Post by pmaillot »

wtap probably didn't find your WING on he network. I should add an explicit message and a 10s delay to make sure people have the time to read it.
As to why your wing wasn't found... hard to tell. It may be due to AMD specifics (i doubt it) or network (likely).

Edit:
I just fixed the error messaging thing in ver 0.5.
Will not fix the (most likely) network issue though. Make sure your WING is on the same subnetworks as your PC, you should see the same first numbers for your PC and WING IP, only the last network number should differ. The subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0 for both PC and Wing, and the gateway should be set correctly too.

re-Edit: What do you call "W-api desktop"? wtap is a self contained, static link app that doesn't need any other extension, file, or anything; even the app icon is hardcoded in the application.
MrBongo

Post by MrBongo »

I put the API there just for testing, as i probably missed part of the tutorial and had little idea what to do. Many things IT-related are entirely new to me. Will learn and check stuff (hopefully) end of next week on a gig :)
MrBongo

Post by MrBongo »

Heyho!
It´s been a while, wanted to download latest version and it´s a Trojan ending with "h!ml" ( see the exclamation mark ) ?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Wtap is virus free. Your anti-virus probably shows a false positive.
I'll double check later this morning

Return to “Patrick-Gilles Maillot's Free Apps Support”