Internal Dante. In stock and surprisingly cheap.

Behringer WING Consoles
DaveT

Re: Internal Dante. In stock and surprisingly cheap.

Post by DaveT »

Heavy90 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:05 pm i found this on bax music:
https://www.bax-shop.de/behringer-wing-dante-wing-expansion-card-for-64x64-dante-aoip#prettyPhoto

but!!! they seem not trust worthy to me. There are a lot of posts on facebook and trustpilot saying they are scammers. from what i read about them they mostly send stuff, sometimes its ok, but when not, they dont pay money back.

anyone has experience with bax music? has any other dealer a plain Brooklyn II 64ch chip?

edit:
i asked Thomann about that, maybe they can try to get these chips. if anyone can, i think they can.

Ive used Bax for over £10k of kit in the past year, and apart from poor customer service if you have any issues (they take up to two weeks to respond), and hit or miss postage (they use yodel), I have never ever had any issues with them at all. Equipment has always arrived albeit a few days later than expected sometimes. I currently have a 1.5k order coming from them, and its coming via UPS this time, so perhaps they have stopped using yodel in the UK, or perhaps im getting it shipped differently due to my complaints about yodel to Bax??

Dave
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

On the subject of Dante (haven't got round to using it in earnest since I purchased it), has anyone tried using Live Professor via Dante for Mac based plugins, and what the round trip latency is like compared to using the USB?

Thanks
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

The Brooklyn II card has been replaced, now Brooklyn III. Basics I believe are the same, up to 64x64 etc. I would think MAYBE that will lower the price on the older cards but who knows.
Heavy90

Post by Heavy90 »

DaveT wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:49 pm On the subject of Dante (haven't got round to using it in earnest since I purchased it), has anyone tried using Live Professor via Dante for Mac based plugins, and what the round trip latency is like compared to using the USB?
If you are using Dante Virutal Soundcard (DVS) the latency would be pretty high relatively speaking. That's because the lowest Dante lantency in DVS you can set is 4ms. In addition to that you have the ASIO (Windows) or Core Audio (Mac) latency with couple of ms depending on your Buffer. I would use/recommend USB because of lower latency unless you are using a PCIE Dante Card (like the one from Focusrite).

And you have to consider to double the numbers because you will sending audio to your computer, gets processed and sending it back to your Wing.
Heavy90

Post by Heavy90 »

Heavy90 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:05 pm i found this on bax music:
https://www.bax-shop.de/behringer-wing- ... rettyPhoto
Today i orderd the Card on bax-shop. i'm still afraid of this shop, but i'll see whats coming out of that. I will keep you updatet if it arrives, and if it is function properly in the Wing.

Thomann Germany first told me via mail a card like that makes no sense, because it is not possible to install it without the Motherboard of the full Wing-Dante card. I replied to them explaining that it is possible and have attached the offical Behringer module install guide. He thanked me for that information, tried to make a special order, but they are not able to get a unit.

Return to “WING Consoles”