P16-M Issue

P16 personal mixing eco-system
rmilam4

P16-M Issue

Post by rmilam4 »

Hello I am new here and hope someone can help me with a problem I am having. I bought a used Behringer P16-M and when I connect it to power, all of the channel selection buttons red lights come on and flash and will not stop flashing. The unit seems to be unresponsive to any other functions and those channel lights continue to flash no matter what other buttons are pressed. The lights around the rotary knobs also light up and stay solid. Any idea what may be wrong with the unit or could it be something I'm doing wrong? Thank you for taking time to read my question and respond.
KMaxwell

Re: P16-M Issue

Post by KMaxwell »

rmilam4 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:28 pm Hello I am new here and hope someone can help me with a problem I am having. I bought a used Behringer P16-M and when I connect it to power, all of the channel selection buttons red lights come on and flash and will not stop flashing. The unit seems to be unresponsive to any other functions and those channel lights continue to flash no matter what other buttons are pressed. The lights around the rotary knobs also light up and stay solid. Any idea what may be wrong with the unit or could it be something I'm doing wrong? Thank you for taking time to read my question and respond.
Is it doing this when you are hooked up to the Untranet port on the mixer to the port on the P16?
rmilam4

Post by rmilam4 »

I have tried it with the Untranet connected from the X32 Compact to the P16-M and I have tried it with no cables connected other then the power supply and the results were the same. I have checked for stuck buttons and I have tried resetting by holding the main+solo+mute buttons on startup. Nothing seems to change.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@rmilam4 Try holding down the group button, then hit each of the ch buttons one at a time. (I think that de selects each ch from a group) Someone might have created a group with every ch as part, maybe it’s that. Worth a try.
rmilam4

Post by rmilam4 »

I tried holding the group button and deselecting each channel and that did not do anything. Although the buttons and knobs are lit, no other button or knob function seems to work or respond. I'm wondering if the main board inside the unit has gone bad.
Last edited by rmilam4 on Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@rmilam4 Try this: Hold down the "recall" button and then hit every ch. That resets each cn. Again maybe not the solution but worth a shot. If not I agree that maybe it is in need of repair.

Return to “P16 Mixers”