wxfade: Setting User Layer Nodes

Various 3rd party apps available
MilSF1

wxfade: Setting User Layer Nodes

Post by MilSF1 »

@pmaillot I would like to use wxfade snippets to set the User layer (left section) when I press on the the user buttons. Can I do something like:

Code: Select all

1 2 u SetULay1 /$ctl.layer.L.6.1.type=CH,i=1
to set the first User layer button to be a duplicate of
/ch/1
? I feel I may be trying to use read commands to do setting.
pmaillot

Re: wxfade: Setting User Layer Nodes

Post by pmaillot »

Hello Marc,

Not sure about the node itself, but yes you should be able to do this.
/$ctl.layer.L.6.1.type=CH,i=1 will execute that command, but will not take you to the layer page for you to assign channels etc. If you want to display the layer assign page for the left side and ch 1-12, you should use /$ctl.$stat.pageidx=28
MilSF1

Re: wxfade: Setting User Layer Nodes

Post by MilSF1 »

pmaillot wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:40 am Hello Marc,

Not sure about the node itself, but yes you should be able to do this.
/$ctl.layer.L.6.1.type=CH,i=1 will execute that command, but will not take you to the layer page for you to assign channels etc. If you want to display the layer assign page for the left side and ch 1-12, you should use /$ctl.$stat.pageidx=28
Merci. I plan to already be on that layer as I use the user buttons on the right. I will be trying to mix the live performance with a dynamic channel display. I will unmute a set of channels of performers onstage and display them in the user layer. One snippet file per scene with the first user up button being previous snippet file load, and the last user down button next snippet file load. I don’t have enough time or experience to per-line mix, but having the “live” channels all on one layer will help. I guess I could use wxfade to dynamically create/display DCAs instead of showing individual channels, but I don’t think that will be needed in my case.

Return to “Miscellaneous Apps”