Momentary Drop out every 20 to 30 minutes

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
bigfootjim

Momentary Drop out every 20 to 30 minutes

Post by bigfootjim »

I am using an X32 FOH with X32 Rack and S32 for monitors. All with latest firmware. Last show I fired up the system and had no output to the mains. Meters showed input and out put but no audio. I reloaded program on both X32 and X32 rack, then re-booted both but no change. I had not done any firmware updates between last show and this one. Replaced ALL cat5 cables but no change. (FOH and X32 Rack both showed green on connections to all devices during entire process). I re-loaded another scene on the X32 Rack and everything worked. I reloaded our band scene and now it was working. (I had re-loaded it several times earlier with no change). Went on with the show but throughout the night the audio would drop out for a brief second. None of the devices connected lights ever turned red while this was happening. I haven't used it on a show since so I'm not sure if it will happen again or not. Has anyone else experienced this? ( I did verify that it was not my powered speakers.) Thanks!

PS On another note the exact same thing happened on another rig I was hired to work with regarding the drop outs but it was a M32 with DL32. Different venue and completely different cables.
pvannatto

Re: Momentary Drop out every 20 to 30 minutes

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @bigfootjim, I would suspect the AES50 cable between consoles or stagebox and console. Make sure it is a shielded cat5e, cat6, or cat7 with ethercon ends and make sure there is continuity between the ethercon shells. ESD (electrostatic discharge) will produce dropouts if the AES50 cable is made in this way.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
DwayneA

Post by DwayneA »

Sounds amazingly like an issue we had with AES50 in our installation.
Described in painful detail in this https://behringer.world/viewtopic.php?p=762#p762.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@DwayneA Good point, I always forget about the issue regarding potential poor grounds at the POWER receptacle. The problem the op has sounds very similar indeed.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”