FX Effects on Aux 1 and Mains

All aspects of David Schumann's excellent mixing app
Chili

FX Effects on Aux 1 and Mains

Post by Chili »

We use the Aux 1 Bus for our In-Ear Monitors. The person using that mix likes to have reverb on their voice. We also need reverb on the main mix going to the Front of the House. Is there a way to set the reverb level on a single channel to a different setting for Aux 1 than for the Mains? Right now we have reverb in both (which is good) but it's a little too heavy in the FOH mix and I don't know how to adjust it there while not affecting the Aux 1 Bus. (I'm a new user to Mixing Station and the XR-18).
GaryH

Re: FX Effects on Aux 1 and Mains

Post by GaryH »

Your return levels to FOH is one way to decrease it for your main mix, sending less from a specific ch also if only a few ch's are the issue. I am not 100% sure this wont effect the current bus level fx too BUT if it does the amount of the FX sent to that bus can be adjusted to get what was there before, either fader up or down, which won't effect FOH.
Chili

Post by Chili »

Thank you for the quick reply! Just to make sure I understand, the FX Send and FX return can be adjusted independently for the Aux1 and the Mains? That was the part I wasn’t sure about. I was thinking (probably incorrectly) that the settings for those (and the individual channel going to the FX bus) were the same for the Aux1 bus and the Mains. Can they be set differently?
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Chili The return levels are separate. You will get no fx to a bus if you don’t include the fx return level fader to it. The amount you hear in the bus is a matter of how far the fader is raised up in the bus. It’s sort of like the fx return fader itself is the “send” to the bus. The fx return faders also need to be up in the main mix for the fx to be heard but the levels set are separate for the mains and for busses.

Return to “Mixing Station”