Getting started with P16-M

P16 personal mixing eco-system
mattclarkmixer

Getting started with P16-M

Post by mattclarkmixer »

I'm setting up one of these units for my drummer for the first time with my X32. I've got more than 16 channels I need to feed to the P16. I'm assuming the best way to do this is use Buses in the Ultranet routing to send some of the tracks as subgroups. Like group all of the drums as a stereo pair for example. Is this the best way or any other possibilites?
pvannatto

Re: Getting started with P16-M

Post by pvannatto »

Is this the best way or any other possibilites?
Yes that is about the only way to send more than 16 channels to the P16M. Make sure the bus pair Main LR (on the Main screen) is not enabled.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mattclarkmixer

Post by mattclarkmixer »

pvannatto wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:49 pm
Is this the best way or any other possibilites?
Yes that is about the only way to send more than 16 channels to the P16M. Make sure the bus pair Main LR (on the Main screen) is not enabled.
Not sure I follow where you are talking about on "the main screen". Are you referring to the ultranet routing screen? I usually do most of my x32 settings on the Mac X32-Edit app.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

mattclarkmixer wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:56 pm Not sure I follow where you are talking about on "the main screen".
Select the bus channel strip. Then at the top are the 10 tabs for the various screens. Select the 8th tab (called Main).
I also do most of my setup using X32-Edit (linux).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mattclarkmixer

Post by mattclarkmixer »

pvannatto wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:09 pm
mattclarkmixer wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:56 pm Not sure I follow where you are talking about on "the main screen".
Select the bus channel strip. Then at the top are the 10 tabs for the various screens. Select the 8th tab (called Main).
I also do most of my setup using X32-Edit (linux).
ok, gotcha. thanks for your help Paul!
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@mattclarkmixer The P16M is still a very powerful monitoring system. Often criticized for lack of ch's but by doing a creative mix of ch's, buses and matrix you can get just about anything as a p16 ch. A mix bus for other analog or in ear monitors can have all possible x32 ch's in them but a single p16 ch can have that very same mix bus and still leave 15 other sources to add if you had or wanted them. A stereo in ear type set up can be placed on 2 p16 ch's. I have DP48's these days too but find the P16M still more than a little useful, no plans on giving them up any time soon :-) I have often used 4 p16 ch's for drums, kick and snare as singles and a stereo linked bus for the rest of the kit. Variations off that can easily be done of course.

Return to “P16 Mixers”