Publish DP48 Mixes Upstream to mixer?

DP48, Hub4 mixing eco-system
JohnSmith2

Publish DP48 Mixes Upstream to mixer?

Post by JohnSmith2 »

Hi - first time poster here. Thank you so much for such an incredible resource.

Apologies if this is a basic question regarding the functionality of the HUB4 + Midas DP48.

I would like to understand if the 2-channel mixes created on the DP48 devices are available at all "upstream" of the HUB4, via AES50 or StageConnect? I understand that they can be pushed analog out of the back of the HUB4, but my entire installation is Dante and I try to avoid extra/stacked AD/DA conversions where possible.

Concretely, my implementation would be
Midas M32C + X-Dante ->(AES50)-> HUB4 ->(AES50) -> DP48 (x4)

Then I would like to route the 8 channels of mixed audio from the DP48 out to 8 outputs on the Dante card, for availability on the Dante bus (Dante IEM transmitters and recording, primarily).

Thanks for any insight!
pvannatto

Re: Publish DP48 Mixes Upstream to mixer?

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @JohnSmith2, welcome to our forum. Yes you can send the DP48 outputs back to the M32 via AES50 if the Port 1-4 button on the Hub4 is enabled. See the Hub4 Routing diagram for details. Each DP48 sends a block of 8 signals on the AES50. Ch 1-2 is Mix A, 3-4 is Mix B, 5 is ambient mic, 7-8 is Line In. Note that the first DP48 will be ch 1-8, second DP48 will be ch 9-16, third DP48 will be ch 17-24 and fourth DP48 will be ch 25-32.

If you are only concerned with the Mix A and B outputs, you can use the M32 Routing, User In to make up the blocks of 8 that can then be assigned Routing, Card screen for the Dante card.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
JohnSmith2

Re: Publish DP48 Mixes Upstream to mixer?

Post by JohnSmith2 »

Thank you so much for prompt, detailed response. I have a followup question, that I will post in a new thread for organizational purposes.

Return to “DP48 Mixers”