Monitor Engineer Affect DP48 mix?

DP48, Hub4 mixing eco-system
JohnSmith2

Monitor Engineer Affect DP48 mix?

Post by JohnSmith2 »

Hi team,

Is it possible for the monitor engineer to affect a DP48 mix instead of/in addition to the artist?

Today, musicians mix their ears directly in a mixbus on an M32 using an iPad in rehearsal, then those mixes are used as the starting point for the monitor engineers during performance (no iPads onstage!). We're looking to upgrade to the DP48 for rehearsals (musicians all like the tactile experience better than glass) but it's not obvious how we would then do the 2nd part of allowing the monitor engineer to pick up during sound check and rehearsal.

Thanks for any advice!
GaryH

Re: Monitor Engineer Affect DP48 mix?

Post by GaryH »

I saw (very early on in DP48 history) a Youtube video where this was done so I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.
thomas

Post by thomas »

I think it is possible only with one more DP48 unit, not directly from board. Something like this:
JohnSmith2

Post by JohnSmith2 »

Thanks again for such prompt informative replies! So i take this as: a monitor engineer with an additional DP48 can remote control any other DP48 connected to the system, which definitely seems useful.

In my particular use case, it seems as though it might be better to simply have the 4x DP48s offstage (since they have to be connected to the system anyway) and have the monitor engineer mix on those directly, and simply forgo the 5th DP48.

Or am I still missing something, do the mixes "live" on the HUB4 somehow in a way that would allow my monitor engineer to simply have the single DP48 and address different mixes as needed?

Return to “DP48 Mixers”