Copying settings to multiple dp48s

Personal Mixers such as P16, DP48 and other devices
pednor

Copying settings to multiple dp48s

Post by pednor »

Is there a way via SD Card or Remote that you can copy a snapshot or all setting to multiple devices?
pvannatto

Re: Copying settings to multiple dp48s

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @pednor, welcome to our forum. Yes indeed there are a couple of ways to copy mixing settings between DP48. If you have an X32, you can use the Library, AES preset screen to setup and broadcast basic setup (group names and source assignments). But the DP48's must be set in slave mode for that to work.

The way I do it is to use a DP48 to setup a generic mix for a given band. I also create the group names by making a file called names.csv and save in the DP48-M folder in the SD card. I use a text editor to list the 12 group names on one line and delimited by a comma. Group names are limited to 8 characters each. To load the group names into a DP48, press the Setup button and scroll down a few pages to get to the Group Names and import them. Once everything is setup the way I want, I then write those settings to the SD card, by pressing the Setup and SD Rec simultaneously, and choosing Write and selecting which one I want to write to (up to 12 snapshots can be stored on the SD card).

Then I transfer that SD card to the next DP48 and read that snapshot (using the Setup/SD Rec combination buttons), the save to one of the 12 internal storage areas.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “Personal Mixers”