EURORACK MX802A connect to Mackie Cr-X powered speakers

ugmold

Post by ugmold »

Hi folks, I've had this Mixer for ages, used everyday, poor thing has had 2 beers dumped on it...still works great!
My question is I'm getting a set of Mackie CR-X small powered monitors, they have 2 sets of inputs 2 RCA, or 2-1/4 inch TRS inputs. I'm not sure what cables to use to get the most of the connection. Can I use TRS in the Behringer outs as well as TRS into the Mackie's?

Thanks, new to forum.
-Forrest
pvannatto

Re: EURORACK MX802A connect to Mackie Cr-X powered speakers

Post by pvannatto »

Hi Forest (@ugmold), welcome to our forum. I would highly recommend you use 1/4" TRS cables. Don't use RCA cables.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
ugmold

Post by ugmold »

My question is are the outputs from the Behringer balanced TRS or unbalanced TS? If they are only TS then using TRS cables wouldn't make much sense, right?
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@ugmold, I owned an MX mixer many years ago and I just remembered that all 1/4" outputs were unbalanced. I just checked the MX manual (online) and the block diagram on page 15 confirms that. Using TRS or TS cables will be the same (unbalanced). Just don't run more than 25' and don't run them along (parallel to) power cables. The other option is to consider getting a newer mixer that has XLR outputs.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
ugmold

Post by ugmold »

Thanks Paul,
I looked thru the manual as well, the schematic looks like it is TS, but on page 10 it reads:

Output
A single pair of electronically balanced TRS jacks deliver the Main Mix output to your 2-Track recorder (or PA system). RCA phono jack outputs are also provided for easy connection to DAT, cassette desk etc.
Level is ultimately determined by a precision Main Mix volume control .

So I guess using TRS either way won't be a problem, which is the most important. Thanks for the Help.

Return to “Analog Mixers”