Want 0 Latency on Mic Channel

The new Flow8 digital console
Goodguy6

Want 0 Latency on Mic Channel

Post by Goodguy6 »

Hopefully someone can help me with an audio setup issue on my Flow8. The issue is getting 0 latency on the mic channel. I have an Aokeo mic with both USB & line-level analogue outputs. The line-level output is connected to Flow8 channel 1. The USB output loops through OBS for audio processing, then goes to inputs 5 & 6 via USB. I want to be able to monitor all Main output channels, with the exception of the mic, due to latency. I would also like to monitor the latency-free mic output on channel 1. Can you help me with the correct wiring and routing for this? Thanks in advance.
therentabrain

Re: Want 0 Latency on Mic Channel

Post by therentabrain »

I don't quite follow what you're looking for, but FWIW OBS is riddled with latency. If you use an ASIO capable DAW it will probably help, if that's useful to consider. If you need to stream that, you can send the output from that to OBS.

If you need OBS to do it, have you tried the OBS ASIO plugin? That does help, though I found it sometiimes required restarting OBS to get it to recognize the presence of a signal. Once it was working, it would keep working that session.

Anyway if you can ELI5 your question maybe I can help, but I don't use the flow8 very often these days (I still love it for mobile gigs!) and may not be the best at answering.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: Want 0 Latency on Mic Channel

Post by MJKlein »

Goodguy6 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:33 am Hopefully someone can help me with an audio setup issue on my Flow8. The issue is getting 0 latency on the mic channel. I have an Aokeo mic with both USB & line-level analogue outputs. The line-level output is connected to Flow8 channel 1. The USB output loops through OBS for audio processing, then goes to inputs 5 & 6 via USB. I want to be able to monitor all Main output channels, with the exception of the mic, due to latency. I would also like to monitor the latency-free mic output on channel 1. Can you help me with the correct wiring and routing for this? Thanks in advance.
Normally one monitors the input signal for zero latency, not the through/output signal
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge

Return to “Flow8”