Firmware 2 Show Control Explained

Behringer WING Consoles
pvannatto

Firmware 2 Show Control Explained

Post by pvannatto »

Hi everyone, I just came across an excellent explanation of the new show control (introduced in firmware 2). Evidently Drew Brashler made this video for Behringer. I even learned some things.

Oct 30 - Drew just posted a library overview video tutorial. He also promises to post more detail tutorials of each library section.

Nov 2 - Drew just posted a library channel preset tutorial.

Nov 6 - Drew just posted a snapshot tutorial (for FW 2.0)

Nov 10 - Drew just posted a library FX preset tutorial

Nov 16 - Drew just posted a snippet creation tutorial

Nov 20 - Drew just posted a Build a Show tutorial.

Nov 27 - Drew just posted a tutorial on adding sound clips to a Show.
Notice at the end of the tutorial he explains how to link a snippet to a user button. This is a really cool feature that I use.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Re: Firmware 2 Show Control Explained

Post by pmaillot »

Yes, a pretty good video.Even if Drew doesn't dive in specifics or advanced show control functions.
kruntz

Post by kruntz »

pmaillot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:38 pm Even if Drew doesn't dive in specifics or advanced show control functions.
...nor in Snippets editing, FWIW... ;)
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

pmaillot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:38 pm Drew doesn't dive in specifics or advanced show control functions.
If anyone can provide that, you can (hint, hint).
kruntz wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:00 pm nor in Snippets editing,
Actually snippets can't be edited in the console. It has to be done externally. The only app that I know of for this is my Wing Snipshot Toolbox. An update is forthcoming soon (renamed Wing Snippet Toolbox) - just have to update the documentation.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
kruntz

Post by kruntz »

[/quote]
kruntz wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:00 pm nor in Snippets editing,
pvannatto wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:42 pm Actually snippets can't be edited in the console. It has to be done externally. The only app that I know of for this is my Wing Snipshot Toolbox. An update is forthcoming soon (renamed Wing Snippet Toolbox) - just have to update the documentation.
I actually edited a lot of snippets using IntelliJ Idea as a json syntax editor/checker. ;)
(Your Wing Snipshot Toolbox is very nice and useful, though.)
BTW, snippets *can* be edited in the console. What I'm talking about is "ADD ITEMS", "REMOVE ITEMS" and the other buttons in the "SNIP" tab.

Cheers.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

kruntz wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:07 pm snippets *can* be edited in the console. What I'm talking about is "ADD ITEMS", "REMOVE ITEMS"
The Add Items doesn't work correctly. For example, if you create a snippet with REC and mute ch 1 and 2 (for example), STOP, then Save. Then select that snippet and Add Items (select ch 3 and 4), REC, mute ch 3 and 4, STOP, then either Save or Update, then Load the snippet - you will only get ch 3 and 4 muted. This bug has been mentioned to the developers. Hopefully it will get fix in the future. To me the current state is unreliable and shouldn't be used.

The Remove Items does work - if you can remember what was included in the snippet when it was first created (months ago).

The Clear All does work. But it is destructive - ie there is no undo.

I downloaded the community version of IntelliJ Idea and tried it. Unfortunately if you are wanting to make a snippet from a good snapshot, it is difficult because the Wing snapshot format is one long json string (no line breaks or indents). But it does look great as a snippet editor.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
kruntz

Post by kruntz »

pvannatto wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:38 pm The Add Items doesn't work correctly. For example, if you create a snippet with REC and mute ch 1 and 2 (for example), STOP, then Save. Then select that snippet and Add Items (select ch 3 and 4), REC, mute ch 3 and 4, STOP, then either Save or Update, then Load the snippet - you will only get ch 3 and 4 muted. This bug has been mentioned to the developers. Hopefully it will get fix in the future. To me the current state is unreliable and shouldn't be used.
Yep! You are right. I was just hoping that I was doing something wrong and Drew would know the "correct" way...
pvannatto wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:38 pm I downloaded the community version of IntelliJ Idea and tried it. Unfortunately if you are wanting to make a snippet from a good snapshot, it is difficult because the Wing snapshot format is one long json string (no line breaks or indents). But it does look great as a snippet editor.
If you press CTRL+ALT+L (reformat), you get something like this:

Code: Select all

{
  "type": "snippet.8",
  "creator_fw": "2.0-0-g6617206f:release",
  "creator_sn": "WING-PP-1101070210",
  "creator_model": "ngc-full",
  "creator_version": "SX45-XU2",
  "creator_name": "WING-ON-FOH",
  "created": "2023-09-14 22:36:47",
  "active_show": "I:/library/shows/JCS/JCS FOH.show",
  "active_scene": "I:/library/shows/JCS/JCS Setup.snap",
  "num_pars": 50,
  "ae_data": {
    "mgrp": {
      "1": {
        "mute": true
      },
      "2": {
        "mute": false
      },
      "3": {
      },
      "4": {
      }
    }
  },
  "ce_data": {},
  "ae_globals": {},
  "ce_globals": {}
}
And yes, the Wing load "pretty printed" snippets just fine. :D
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

kruntz wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:33 pm If you press CTRL+ALT+L (reformat), you get something like this:
Cool! Thanks
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

kruntz wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:33 pmI was just hoping that I was doing something wrong and Drew would know the "correct" way...
He just posted a snippet creation tutorial (see my original post above) and made no mention about editing existing snippets.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
kruntz

Post by kruntz »

pvannatto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:48 pm He just posted a snippet creation tutorial (see my original post above) and made no mention about editing existing snippets.
Ok.
So text editing will be the way 'till the bug fix, I suppose... :)

Cheers.

Return to “WING Consoles”