Wing USB Driver Latency

Behringer WING Consoles
Synetos

Wing USB Driver Latency

Post by Synetos »

I have to say, I am pleased with the USB drivers for the Wing.

With my DAW at 48/24 and 64 samples, I am getting about 4.33ms RT latency according to Studio One control panel. I tested my latency using Oblique Audio RTL Utility and it reported closer to 5ms RTL.

I am satisfied with that and I may not bother using Dante in my home studio any longer. I will test it further with the next recording session, but I think USB may be all I need for home studio use going forward.

What I really like about having the Wing (or a mixer) in my studio is the low latency monitoring options. I only send a guide and click track from my DAW to the studio IEM. Everything else comes from Wing. Works super well.
pmaillot

Re: Wing USB Driver Latency

Post by pmaillot »

This data is expected; ASIO is made/designed for low latency and USB is not that slow :-)

Dante is 'faster' thanks to the imposed 1Gb/s network requirement, but its main advantage to many is that it offers different and more flexible routing options.

Conclusion: Dante or USB use depend on your need :-)
Synetos

Post by Synetos »

Agreed. There is lower latency in my Dante PCIE setup for sure, but USB/ASIO is low enough now that it's not really that important for my application.

Like you said. "Depends on your need." If I had more Dante devices, or wanted to offload plugin processing to my DAW, then Dante is a big help. More channel count can be nice too :)
kruntz

Post by kruntz »

Synetos wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:09 pm Like you said. "Depends on your need." If I had more Dante devices, or wanted to offload plugin processing to my DAW, then Dante is a big help. More channel count can be nice too :)
Cable length is also a factor that should be considered... ;)

Cheers,
Carlo.

Return to “WING Consoles”