Is it possible to route Aux into the X-Live recording?

pnfischer

Re: Is it possible to route Aux into the X-Live recording?

Post by pnfischer »

Sorry Paul...my tech notes weren't meant to be interpreted as OSC commands, but rather a <cryptic?> notation on the X32 display menu structure.

All the same, I was wondering about sharing a scene file, so it's attached here.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
M32Edit_Scene.scn
(64.87 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Thanks @pnfischer, thanks for attaching your scene. With it in front of me, it took less than a minute to find the problem. Channels 17 and 18 source inputs (on the channel strip's Config screen) are Aux 1 and Aux 2 (respectively). These Aux are not coming from your Routing, User In assignments. Instead, they are coming from the Aux assignments. Change them from sources 33/34 (on the drop-down list) to 17/18 and it will work the way you want it to.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pnfischer

Post by pnfischer »

Thanks Paul...a picture is worth a million words....?

I probably would have eventually figured this out by stumbling across it, but you definitely saved me a lot of frustration, time, and sore hair follicles. MUCH appreciated, and especially your quick responses. Time to rock!
smorton01

Post by smorton01 »

I can't get my DAW tracks to record on to my XLive card in an X32 Rack. I have the latest firmware. I suspect I'm in a similar situation as @pnfischer above but I can't figure it out.

I want to record three of my DAW playback tracks alongside my band on the XLive card. I've routed the DAW tracks in as Aux-Ins through USB. I then assigned them to faders and try to record. The resulting SD card has the live band tracks but does not contain the DAW tracks.

Here is my scene. I appreciate the help.
Attachments
Exit Strategy Aux in Record Test.scn
(65.04 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

@smorton01 If I got your request right, you need to route your Aux inputs to the card. The data coming to Aux will then be recorded (Pre everything, like card does for all inputs) to the card. I loaded your scene and changed routing so Aux 1-6 would be routed to card group 9-16 (this may not be what you'd want) as an example; see below:

The updated scene is there:
Attachments
scene.scn
modified scene
(65.04 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Return to “X-Live”