Firmware 2.0 caused touchscreen issues?

Behringer WING Consoles
elninoandres

Firmware 2.0 caused touchscreen issues?

Post by elninoandres »

Hello everyone and merry Christmas.

My first post here, I registered just to share the issue I encountered so it may help others.

I bought Wing as soon as it was released, but it had ghost touchscreen issues, and I had it replaced 2 years ago (bought on Thomann).
Replacement worked well up until a few weeks ago, and touchscreen issues started encountering again. They weren't as noticeable as before, but after powering up the unit after 20 mins, I would encounter issues in any "pop-up" screen on wing (saving snapshots, selecting effects etc) and I performed a touchscreen test and it showed 9999 touches in first hour, all touches in far right corner. I contacted Thomann again, but my warranty has expired, so I had no option to repair.

Anyway I got frustrated and started to think how this happened again, and one of the things that I thought was that issues started happening when I upgraded firmware to 2.0. After downgrading it to the mousetrap release (1.13 something), touchscreen issues stopped. Touch screen test shows 0 events now.

Weird issue and something Behringer should take notice.Mixer is working perfectly on firmware under 2.0, but if I upgrade to 2.0 touchscreen is acting like hardware is broken (which is not).
pmaillot

Re: Firmware 2.0 caused touchscreen issues?

Post by pmaillot »

pushed to the Wing dev team. hopefilly they'll have ideas on a possible fix.

It could be useful if you can prepsre in advance history data about your case if the dev team asks for details... serial number, buy and repare date, case number if there was one, etc.

It could be a driver issue between two different hardware versions of screen... dunno.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

elninoandres wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:11 am My first post here, I registered just to share the issue I encountered so it may help others.
Thanks for posting and welcome to our forum. I think this is the first time we've heard of firmware 2.0 affecting the touchscreen ghost issue. Fortunately Patrick has already informed the devs. So it will get noticed.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

first impression from the B developpers:

"To be honest, that does not make sense at all. There is no difference in any part of the firmware that relates to the touch screen. According to my notes, screens with new technology that do not have the issue were introduced in early 2022. So if the replacement is 2yrs old, it is an original one (that has been tested ok but could still develop ghost touch issues). 'Mousetrap' is 1.12.6 and does not have a driver for the new touch screens (so they don't work at all with this version). "
elninoandres

Post by elninoandres »

S/N of my Wing is S191200373BV2.
I checked it is the 1.12.6 firmware on it currently.

Really don't know what else to add, I can also provide small videos of touch screen test.
Whats weird is that all ghost touches were on the right border of the screen.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

sent to developers to see if they have some records on this desk.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

elninoandres wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:44 am S/N of my Wing is S191200373BV2.
I checked it is the 1.12.6 firmware on it currently.

Really don't know what else to add, I can also provide small videos of touch screen test.
Whats weird is that all ghost touches were on the right border of the screen.
I am pretty sure S1912 is the date code, that the mixer was made in December of 2019.
Synetos

Post by Synetos »

hope that is the date code indicator. Mine is S2306. It came with Firmware 1.12.8

My first wing was S2001. It had a fader issue that cleared up for a few weeks after updating the firmware to 1.13.9. Then the stuck fader issue came back and even a fader replacement didnt solve it.

It makes me think maybe the component parts might not be consistent across the product line and maybe they don't have a good way to test firmware upgrade on so many variables.

I have not seen any issue with Firmware 2.0 on my new Wing. It is flawless, except the big knob is a little stiff.

Return to “WING Consoles”