Xlive only allowing 16 channels

cheadcase915

Xlive only allowing 16 channels

Post by cheadcase915 »

Hi I'm new here. I just installed an x live card and i tried to update to the A12 firmware and it isn't recognized from the root of the flash drive. Even though I updated the firmware on my X32 rack with that flash drive the day before. I also opened up reaper to set up the channels and it only allows 16 channels not all 32. Can anyone let me know 9f the car dis defective or a work around on this?
GaryH

Re: Xlive only allowing 16 channels

Post by GaryH »

Welcome to our forum. There can only be the xlive firmware file at the root, can't be that AND the x32 firmware file at the same time even though they are different in size and type and meant for 2 different hardware devices. If your usb drive is already that way, you can try to update the firmware by using the mxer setup page that works well usually....
craigf

Post by craigf »

Also, there is an option under the console's Setup>Card menu which can change the card between 2x2, 16x16, and 32x32. If it's only showing up as a 16x16 device in your DAW, that could be the cause.
Parabolic

Post by Parabolic »

Has this been resolved? I am having the same issue. The A12 firmware is being recognized but the x32 is showing the card as wrong hardware. This shows in the setup/general tab as well as in the bootloader. Its almost like it was flashed from the factory with the wrong firmware.

NiekH

Post by NiekH »

The extension has a new chipset and changed hardware. Set the USB interface to 8in/32 out and it will give you 32/32 on your PC or notebook.
Firmware cannot be updated as the new card is not recognized. The new card has a green colored board, while the original card is brown.
Also note that the + pole of the battery must place to the other side compared with the original card. This card looks like a prototype to me.
Also note that when SD1 is accessed, the LED of SD2 will flash and vise versa. No idee what Behringer is doing on this moment. This is not good.

Return to “X-Live”