Possible solution for USB extension

pvannatto

Possible solution for USB extension

Post by pvannatto »

Hi everyone,

Occasionally we get requests for solutions for long USB extensions (greater than 20 feet). This question came up recently on the official Behringer forums. I stumbled on an article (from a Google feed on my phone) that described a set of units that provided up to 120m (390') of USB, HDMI, etc extensions.
Here is the link.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no affiliations with this company and have never used this product. This is just a reference for those looking for such a solution.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pvannatto

Re: Possible solution for USB extension

Post by pvannatto »

Just a follow up about this product. As I mentioned, the question recently came up on the official Behringer forums. I had responded to his post with a link to this product. The OP (who is using an MR18) just posted a reply:
Interesting! I have tried 4 different extenders. OREI and StarTech were non-starters. The less expensive AVAccess worked sending channels to the computer (for Studio One recording) but would not send audio back to the mixer (to plan to LR). The one you suggested works perfectly in both directions! I believe it's due to the fact that there's a power supply on both ends. Thanks for the response!
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “Miscellaneous”