Front Panel USB not working?

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
AaronD

Front Panel USB not working?

Post by AaronD »

Brand new, fresh out of the box, firmware 4.06 by default. I want to update it to 4.09 before I install, but it won't recognize the front panel USB drive. I've tried two different sticks so far - 120GB and 8GB - both formatted to FAT32, and the line at the top of the screen still says, "No USB drive".

The bootloader (hold the USB View button while powering on) does recognize the stick, and prints the correct manufacturer's name for both that I tried, but it still doesn't recognize that they're FAT32 formatted, even though they are.

I have a Windows 7 laptop that has not seen the internet since it was current, and a fully-up-to-date Ubuntu Studio Linux box, both of which say they can format the USB stick to FAT32, and both of which can read the other's FAT32 format, but neither of which produce something that works in the X32.

Any ideas?
pvannatto

Re: Front Panel USB not working?

Post by pvannatto »

@AaronD, welcome to the forum. The USB stick has to be USB 2.0, not 3.x
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I bought a 3 pack of USB 2.0 drives by PNY that are 32g and none of them will work in the mixer I have but they work in everything else. Some drives just won't work.
AaronD

Post by AaronD »

Finally came back to this. It's amazingly hard to find a compatible drive now! But I did manage to borrow a 256MB one from my dad, and it worked. Thank you!
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

AaronD wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:55 pm Finally came back to this. It's amazingly hard to find a compatible drive now! But I did manage to borrow a 256MB one from my dad, and it worked. Thank you!
Thank you for coming back and letting us know that you have it working.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”