X Air XR12

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
Krzychu

X Air XR12

Post by Krzychu »

Hello everyone on the forum,
I recently purchased a Behringer X Air XR12. I updated the firmware to version 1.20. I have something like the image below.

I noticed that I had an inscription XR12W and Hardware: V1W. I have been browsing these forum a bit and nowhere have I found any information about what the letter W means. Thank you in advance for any information.

Regards
Krzychu
Krzychu

Re: X Air XR12

Post by Krzychu »

I already know everything and the topic needs to be deleted.

Regards
Krzychu
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Krzychu Welcome to our forum! I can't say exactly what the W is for but suspect it refers to a (W)iFi chip/circuit board version that is either a newer version than the original mixer came with or the original version. WiFi or otherwise, it may not be necessarily a better or worse part, just a different version that could be reliably obtained during the Covid/Chip shortage era. If it does really refer to WiFi tho, I would bet a V2W? might be the better version to own as the built in Wifi and these XR/MR series mixers has always been an issue. So maybe they improved it in newer models? All just guesses on my part :-) I have an older MR18 and built in WiFi it is still quirky at best. I use a dedicated external dual band router for any critical use. And of course, it may not refer to WiFi at all :-)
Krzychu

Post by Krzychu »

GaryH wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:44 am @Krzychu Welcome to our forum! I can't say exactly what the W is for but suspect it refers to a (W)iFi chip/circuit board version that is either a newer version than the original mixer came with or the original version. WiFi or otherwise, it may not be necessarily a better or worse part, just a different version that could be reliably obtained during the Covid/Chip shortage era. If it does really refer to WiFi tho, I would bet a V2W? might be the better version to own as the built in Wifi and these XR/MR series mixers has always been an issue. So maybe they improved it in newer models? All just guesses on my part :-) I have an older MR18 and built in WiFi it is still quirky at best. I use a dedicated external dual band router for any critical use. And of course, it may not refer to WiFi at all :-)
At the very beginning, thank you for your answer GaryH. As for the V2W version, it is not available for the X Air XR12. I noticed that it is available from the X Air XR18 version. And I don't know about newer versions.

I think it's worth updating to version 1.20 because they fixed serious bugs:

V1 hardware
• Wifi connection droppingunderheavy network traffic fixed
V2 hardware
• DHCPSissuewith MBA M1fixed
• Wifi AP disabled when switching to LAN mode
• SporadicEthernetstartup issues when switching between modes fixed
• Separate firmware file for X18V2
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Krzychu I never saw that info, but good to see it! I was just guessing and could easily be off base. I do see two W mentions one for yours and the XR16. So apparently there is no V2 for those and the W looks like it would be the "newer" version for the 12 and 16. Assuming the one to the right is the later version. I am sure updating either way, was the right choice, never doubted it :-)
Krzychu

Post by Krzychu »

GaryH wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:20 pm @Krzychu I never saw that info, but good to see it! I was just guessing and could easily be off base. I do see two W mentions one for yours and the XR16. So apparently there is no V2 for those and the W looks like it would be the "newer" version for the 12 and 16. Assuming the one to the right is the later version. I am sure updating either way, was the right choice, never doubted it :-)
I understand and thank you for your information GaryH. I wanted to delete this post but now I think it may be useful information for people looking for information about the latest firmware 1.20.

Regards
Krzychu
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Krzychu You should leave it open, we have several members who know official MT employees and developers so someone may yet chime in! Sorry I couldn't help more.

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”