Midas M32C with Behringer X-DANTE card

stufenbau

Midas M32C with Behringer X-DANTE card

Post by stufenbau »

Hi there

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. My search skills did not lead me to information from where I could make a final decision.

I plan to replace a Behringer X32 Rack with a Midas M32C to save some space. My X32 Rack has an X-DANTE card and I was wondering if I could reuse that card in the M32C or if I had to buy the DN32-DANTE card (which is slightly more expensive).

Thanks for any hint and feedback.
GaryH

Re: Midas M32C with Behringer X-DANTE card

Post by GaryH »

@stufenbau Yes you can, I have an X-Dante card which was put in a Core originally. Now in an M32R. They can be freely swapped X/M32 model wide.. I think I had it also in an X32R for a while. I am surprised they still offer an X-Dante card being direct competition for the the KT model. That's exactly what they did with the Core and M32C-did away with the cheaper model. Now only the M32C exists which offers less features and is way more money. (maybe the only time a Behringer product was better than its Midas counterpart)
stufenbau

Post by stufenbau »

Hi @GaryH

Thanks for your explanation and fast reply!

You are correct, the M32C is quite some money. I only get it to reduce my 6U IEM rack to 4U ...
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@stufenbau I like the M32C, don't get me wrong, Very nice units but without the Midas Pro preamps (no preamps at all) it should not have a premium cost like they get for their other mixers. The Core at least had a color scribble strip (1 LOL) and user programmable buttons LED's and knobs on the front panel in the same space. M32C has none. I am sorry I sold my Core (only good news is I sold it for way more than I paid some 8 or more years later) I just had too many seldom used devices gathering dust. Good luck with the M32C!

Return to “X-Dante”