Midas M32C with Behringer X-DANTE card

Everything to do with the Dante Audio Networking aspect of the digital eco-system
stufenbau

Midas M32C with Behringer X-DANTE card

Post by stufenbau »

Hi there

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. My search skills did not lead me to information from where I could make a final decision.

I plan to replace a Behringer X32 Rack with a Midas M32C to save some space. My X32 Rack has an X-DANTE card and I was wondering if I could reuse that card in the M32C or if I had to buy the DN32-DANTE card (which is slightly more expensive).

Thanks for any hint and feedback.
GaryH

Re: Midas M32C with Behringer X-DANTE card

Post by GaryH »

@stufenbau Yes you can, I have an X-Dante card which was put in a Core originally. Now in an M32R. They can be freely swapped X/M32 model wide.. I think I had it also in an X32R for a while. I am surprised they still offer an X-Dante card being direct competition for the the KT model. That's exactly what they did with the Core and M32C-did away with the cheaper model. Now only the M32C exists which offers less features and is way more money. (maybe the only time a Behringer product was better than its Midas counterpart)
stufenbau

Post by stufenbau »

Hi @GaryH

Thanks for your explanation and fast reply!

You are correct, the M32C is quite some money. I only get it to reduce my 6U IEM rack to 4U ...
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@stufenbau I like the M32C, do not get me wrong, Very nice units but without the Midas Pro preamps (no preamps at all) it should not have a premium cost like they get for their other mixers. Also the other super Midas perk which made great financial sense in choosing it over the Behringer Core now is NO more, that being the 10 year warranty-they do not do it any more. The Core at least had a color scribble strip (1 LOL) and user programmable buttons LED's and knobs on the front panel in the same space. M32C has none. I am sorry I sold my Core (only good news is I sold it for way more than I paid some 8 or more years later) I just had too many seldom used devices gathering dust. Good luck with the M32C!

Return to “Dante Audio Networking”